Index out of date solution..... 
Author Message
 Index out of date solution.....

Hello all,

Is there any tool to repair "Index is out of date" on a DBASE 7 table?
My program is using BDE 5.01 on a DBASE 7 DB.
Everithing works fine, but after a computer hang up, it gives sometimes this
error.

I want create a program that fixes this problam, but i have no acces to the
table to
copy the data to another table.

Is ther a solution?

Maybi something like TUTILITI for paradox?

Thanks.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Index out of date solution.....
At *this* point, Jan, (he said, looking off in the distance with a
curious expression) there isn't a TUTILITY for dBase.  What you can do,
if you have full access to the table or can get it, is to delete the
index file and rebuild it.  {Make A Backup First!}

Quote:

> Is there any tool to repair "Index is out of date" on a DBASE 7 table?
> My program is using BDE 5.01 on a DBASE 7 DB.
> Everithing works fine, but after a computer hang up, it gives sometimes this
> error.

> I want create a program that fixes this problam, but i have no acces to the
> table to
> copy the data to another table.

> Is ther a solution?

> Maybi something like TUTILITI for paradox?

> Thanks.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sundial Services :: Scottsdale, AZ (USA) :: (480) 946-8259

Quote:
> Fast(!), automatic table-repair with two clicks of the mouse!
> ChimneySweep(R):  "Click click, it's fixed!" {tm}
> http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Index out of date solution.....
If I delete the indexfile, I can 't open the table.
At designtime, I have the choice to open the table 'Read-Only' or on detach.
At runtime, I can 't call this choice-form.
How can I rebuild the tableindex in runtime????

Thanks.



Quote:
> At *this* point, Jan, (he said, looking off in the distance with a
> curious expression) there isn't a TUTILITY for dBase.  What you can do,
> if you have full access to the table or can get it, is to delete the
> index file and rebuild it.  {Make A Backup First!}

> > Is there any tool to repair "Index is out of date" on a DBASE 7 table?
> > My program is using BDE 5.01 on a DBASE 7 DB.
> > Everithing works fine, but after a computer hang up, it gives sometimes
this
> > error.

> > I want create a program that fixes this problam, but i have no acces to
the
> > table to
> > copy the data to another table.

> > Is ther a solution?

> > Maybi something like TUTILITI for paradox?

> > Thanks.

> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sundial Services :: Scottsdale, AZ (USA) :: (480) 946-8259

> > Fast(!), automatic table-repair with two clicks of the mouse!
> > ChimneySweep(R):  "Click click, it's fixed!" {tm}
> > http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Index out of date solution.....

Quote:

> Is there any tool to repair "Index is out of date" on a DBASE 7 table?
> My program is using BDE 5.01 on a DBASE 7 DB.

function dbiRegenIndexes from bde unit, or a nice wrapper ReindexTable from
RXLib (www.rxlib.com).

--
PSky





Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Index out of date solution.....

Quote:

> If I delete the indexfile, I can 't open the table.

I'm the last one to be good with DBF tables, but I know how to use DejaNews:)

This should get you around your problem, and turn the index-exist bit
down in your DBF file.
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=631672893

Markku Nevalainen



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Index out of date solution.....
The solution on this site works fine.
Thank you.

        Greetings
                Jan.



Quote:

> > If I delete the indexfile, I can 't open the table.

> I'm the last one to be good with DBF tables, but I know how to use
DejaNews:)

> This should get you around your problem, and turn the index-exist bit
> down in your DBF file.
> http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=631672893

> Markku Nevalainen



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. index out of date solution....

2. HELP, INDEX OUT OF DATE ??? (solutions and tips)

3. Index out of date, but no index

4. Index Error - Index out date

5. Simple solution to recreate Paradox index ????

6. TechTips: Corrupted tables and indexes, their causes and solutions

7. Grid Index out of range: Solution

8. how to make multiple read outs - help

9. how do you make multiple read outs?

10. Table jumps outs edit mode newby

11. Possible solution to the BDE: Index out of date.....

12. BDE "Index out of date ...." nightmare + Solution!!

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software