Using LOCAL-SQL or Transact-SQL with SQL-server and BDE
Author Message
 Using LOCAL-SQL or Transact-SQL with SQL-server and BDE

I'm a bit confused how BDE works regarding SQL statements. Has BDE the
capability of taking Local-Sql (ANSI-SQL) statements and translate it to
the native SQL according to the db-server?
I've fiddled with the obvious Alias-parameter (SQLQRYMODE = LOCAL)  but
without any result.

PS: The major reason for looking in to this is that Microsoft will
discontinue supporting Transact-SQL joins (table1.ID =* table2.ID) in
future versions of SQL-server. I know that SQL-Server 6.5 support
ANSI-SQL but I have to make programs that also will run on v6.0.

Havard Ostgaard

Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Local SQL v.s MS SQL Server

2. Can BDE MSACCESS use SQL (not local SQL)

3. HELP!! Using Embedded SQL with Interbase Local Server

4. What BDE SQL = Server SQL?

5. Strange problem using local SQL / BDE 3.5 (bug?)

6. Problem with BDE and SQL Server using Locate/FindKey

7. SQL: UNION with local SQL?

8. CAST in Local SQL? SQL Help needed

9. SQL query fails on SQL Server

10. SQL Databases - MS Sql Server 7 vs. Interbase

11. SQL Links problem with MS SQL Server

12. MS SQL Server -TCP - SQL Links