Problem with Delphi 2.0, Interbase and cached updates
Author Message
 Problem with Delphi 2.0, Interbase and cached updates

Okay, here's the deal.  We've got two people doing development on a delphi 2.0
application, simultaneoulsy accessing the same Interbase SQL database (residing
on the NT server).  All is well and good.  Both people can access the database
at the same time.  Until cached updates is turned on for any table, at which
time the second person who tries to access the database gets a puzzling error
about the file PDOXUSRS.NET.  We have tried (with some puzzlement due to the
fact that we're not using Paradox tables anywhere in this application) to change
the settings of the Paradox driver in the BDE Configuration program, but without
success.

My guess is that BDE is using a temporary Paradox table to keep the cached
updates in until they are committed or rolled back.  My questions are:  what
causes this error message and what can we do about it?

========
Steven Howard

What's a nice word like "euphemism" doing in a sentence like this?

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi 2.0 Cached Update BUG ?

2. Help me on Delphi 2.0 cached updates.

3. Master / Detail Relationships with cached updates in Delphi 2.0

4. Delphi 2.0 Update - Problems with the new BDE that comes with the update

5. Cached updates, Delphi, InterBase, NT3.51

6. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

7. Interbase components and cached updates

8. BDE, cache update, Interbase, validation error for column [long]

9. Problem with Delphi 2.0 Update and ODBC

10. Delphi 2.0 CS Update & BLOB Problem

11. Delphi 2.0: Multi-User Paradox Table updating problem....

12. Problems Updating Access 2.0 using Delphi