Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi
Author Message
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
programmer just beginning to look at delphi and would like to be able
to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
standard.

What is the best way around this problem ?

Scott Paterson
Willenhall, West Mids, UK.

Mon, 26 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
>programmer just beginning to look at Delphi and would like to be able
>to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
>Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
>standard.

>What is the best way around this problem ?

There is a third party product called Apollo that is a DBF engine
that supports the indexes you are used to with Clipper.  It is MUCH
faster than resorting to ODBC.  From what I here, it's supposed to be
faster than Delphi's native DBF engine.  The company is called
SuccessWare, which you will recognize from the Clipper world (they
wrote the SIX index driver).

-David Prothero
-International Technology Group
-Salem, Oregon

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
>programmer just beginning to look at Delphi and would like to be able
>to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
>Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
>standard.

SuccessWare makes the Apollo VCL component that allows the use of CDX,
NTX and NSX (SuccessWare's format) indexes.  I don't have their number
handy, but they have a forum on Compuserve ("go sware" ).

Sun, 01 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Quote:

>>Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
>>programmer just beginning to look at Delphi and would like to be able
>>to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
>>Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
>>standard.
>SuccessWare makes the Apollo VCL component that allows the use of CDX,
>NTX and NSX (SuccessWare's format) indexes.  I don't have their number
>handy, but they have a forum on Compuserve ("go sware" ).

I am informed that Apollo does not handle BLOBs (non-text in memo
fields). CODE-Pascal does not appear to suffer from this. Once you get
used to it (we have used CODE BASE for years) its OK.

Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Quote:
>>>Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
>>>programmer just beginning to look at Delphi and would like to be able
>>>to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
>>>Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
>>>standard.

Intersolv have a FoxPro ODBC Driver.  Their drivers can be quite expensive to
deploy at lots of sites, however for a one-off to play with Delphi you should
be fine.

MarkW

Sat, 07 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

Quote:

>>>Can anyone tell me how to get a Foxpro CDX ODBC driver. I am a clipper
>>>programmer just beginning to look at Delphi and would like to be able
>>>to start with some little progs that access some of my existing files.
>>>Unfortunately Delphi only seems able to open dBase IV MDX files as
>>>standard.

>>SuccessWare makes the Apollo VCL component that allows the use of CDX,
>>NTX and NSX (SuccessWare's format) indexes.  I don't have their number
>>handy, but they have a forum on Compuserve ("go sware" ).

>I am informed that Apollo does not handle BLOBs (non-text in memo
>fields). CODE-PASCAL does not appear to suffer from this. Once you get
>used to it (we have used CODE BASE for years) its OK.

I just read something on Apollo, and it DOES handle BLOBs.  Zac Catalog.
Kirk Wolak                                   It's not whether you win or lose

//
// Views expressed are my own and not those of the company I work for!
//

Sat, 07 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi 5 , Foxpro CDX Indexes and CLIPPER

2. Delphi 3 and FoxPro 2.5 .cdx Indexes

3. BDE vs FoxPro Tables & CDX indexes

4. How to create FoxPro .CDX in Delphi 3

5. Making a new Index: Invalid Index Descriptor (CDX)

6. How to create CDX-indexes in Delphi 4?

7. Problems with CDX index in Delphi 3

8. * HELP PLEASE * Delphi access to Clipper .CDX Indexes

9. How to work with D3 and FoxPro .CDX

10. Help! Accessing FoxPro CDX Files

11. access foxpro's CDX files

12. Please Help - Delphi 2.0 and FoxPro index