Delphi 3.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
Author Message
 Delphi 3.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone knows more about the following:

In all my database applications that talk to a MS SQL Server 6.5
database, I use TQuery components to talk to the server. I use only
one TDatabase component and open only one connection to the server.
But using SQL Trace it shows that my application automatically opens
another connection to the server behind the scenes. Why is this?
It always shows two connections, never three or more. And I'm not
talking about any connections the IDE opens in design mode if you set
TDatabase.Connected to true. This second connections seems to be used
by the BDE to do background querying, but I don't like it doing stuff
I don't ask it to do.

I am using delphi 3.0 professional on NT Workstation.

Julian van Tubbergh

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MS SQL Server 6.5 + Delphi 3.0 = ???

2. Accessing SQL Server 6.5 from Delphi 3.0 Cli/svr

3. Blobs greater than 32K in SQL-Server 6.5/Delphi 3.0

4. MS-SQL server 6.5 vs Interbase server ???

5. Delphi 1 Desktop/MS SQL Server 6/6.5

6. Delphi 3 and MS SQL Server 6.5 - Bug??

7. Stored Procedure MS Sql Server 6.5 and Delphi 2.0

8. Delphi 2.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 Problem

9. Hang up when using D1 + ODBC + MS SQL Server 6.5

10. Creating a database with MS SQL Server 6.5

11. Image Datatype on a MS-SQL 6.5 Server

12. No Tables in MS Sql Server 6.5