Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE
Author Message
 Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE

I want to change the NET DIR location in the BDE programmatically.  I can
add aliases using the AddStandardAlias command and the
session.SaveConfigFile command but I can not work out how to change the NET
DIR location.

I know that I can change it for a session with "session.netfildir" for the
current program, but I want to set up the environment for all my database
programs with a single start-up program. This program will set all database
parameters when my machine is docked or undocked to the network.  I am using
paradox tables.

Any assistance appreciated.

--
regards

Ian Francis

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:17:23 GMT
 Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE
I have seen something on this recently. I think  it is on the Borland
site. Maybe in the Community section.

HTH,
Dan

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:17:23 +1000, "Ian Francis"

Quote:

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:51:18 GMT
 Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE
See http://www.bdesupport.com/ (they have an example of how to change LOCAL
SHARE, which you can change to modify NET DIR).

Quote:
> I want to change the NET DIR location in the BDE programmatically.  I can
> add aliases using the AddStandardAlias command and the
> session.SaveConfigFile command but I can not work out how to change the
NET
> DIR location.

> I know that I can change it for a session with "session.netfildir" for the
> current program, but I want to set up the environment for all my database
> programs with a single start-up program. This program will set all
database
> parameters when my machine is docked or undocked to the network.  I am
using
> paradox tables.

> Any assistance appreciated.

> --
> regards

> Ian Francis

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:35:20 GMT
 Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE

Quote:
>I have seen something on this recently. I think  it is on the Borland
>site. Maybe in the Community section.

>HTH,
>Dan

Here is the link:
Dan
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:43:51 GMT

1. How do I program the location of the Paradox NET FILE Directory

2. BDE and net-directory on Lantastic

3. Set the Paradox Net directory while installing BDE???

4. Dbase and Directory is controlled by other .Net file

5. NET Files - Directory is controlled by ...

6. Using files in a net directory

7. Directory is controlled by another .net file.

8. multiuser problem: Directory controlled by other .NET file

9. D3 BDE installation peculiarities and file locations

10. How to define the location of pdoxusrs.net?

11. Putting BDE files in own program directory

12. Help with BDE NET files