Its impossible !!!!!
Author Message
 Its impossible !!!!!

[ Article crossposted from comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.misc ]
[ Author was Carlos Henrique Cantu ]
[ Posted on 4 Dec 1995 00:40:56 GMT ]

        This problem is driving my crazy !!! How can I make ReportSmith
print more than 1 record in a page using the FORM layout ??!!!! It seem
that cannot be done... am I missing something ???? A record from my
database takes less than half page and I cannot put 2 or + record on the
same page !!

        Thanks for any help !

                                        Carlos

    ---------o-----------          | Fidonet : 4:801/47 - RBT : 12:1214/1
 CIAGRI - University of Sao Paulo  | "This isn't a Macintosh, but works..."

    ---------o-----------          | Fidonet : 4:801/47 - RBT : 12:1214/1
 CIAGRI - University of Sao Paulo  | "This isn't a Macintosh, but works..."

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!
Quote:
>more than one record on a page in Reportsmith

The work around I used was to set up the report as though it  was
printing to labels - works OK though to a lot of fiddling because
of page layout size of dummy labels to start with

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!

Quote:
>    This problem is driving my crazy !!! How can I make ReportSmith
>  print more than 1 record in a page using the FORM layout ??!!!! It seem
>  that cannot be done... am I missing something ???? A record from my
>  database takes less than half page and I cannot put 2 or + record on the
>  same page !!

>    Thanks for any help !

>                                    Carlos

Carlos,

I haven't used ReportSmith much, but in any report writer I've used before, you can set the headers and footers on the records
to page-break or not.  My guess is that that's all you need to do.  Try double-clicking on the footer and see if there is an option to
page-break.

Gene.

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!
Quote:

>>        This problem is driving my crazy !!! How can I make ReportSmith
>>  print more than 1 record in a page using the FORM layout ??!!!! It seem
>>  that cannot be done... am I missing something ???? A record from my
>>  database takes less than half page and I cannot put 2 or + record on the
>>  same page !!

>>        Thanks for any help !

>>                                        Carlos

>Carlos,

>I haven't used ReportSmith much, but in any report writer I've used before, you can set the headers and footers on the records
>to page-break or not.  My guess is that that's all you need to do.  Try double-clicking on the footer and see if there is an option to
>page-break.

>Gene.

A form template is probably designed to just print one record (looking like a form)
to a page. You could try setting a group a the level of individual records (primary key).
Then create a header for this group and lay out all of the fields and titles to mimic the
appearance on your form. Do put anything in the detail or hide it. You should get the
header band for each record with info from that record.

Jim Berry USDA-APHIS Phoenix Methods Development Lab

Sat, 30 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!
The only way that I got around this problem was to trick
ReportSmith into printing mailing labels.  I chose a custom
size for the labels and got 1 across 5 down.  Depending on your
data this works, but it does not allow for expanding memo
fields.

Seth Luckman

Quote:

>>>    This problem is driving my crazy !!! How can I make ReportSmith
>>>  print more than 1 record in a page using the FORM layout ??!!!! It seem
>>>  that cannot be done... am I missing something ???? A record from my
>>>  database takes less than half page and I cannot put 2 or + record on the
>>>  same page !!

>>>    Thanks for any help !

>>>                                    Carlos

Sun, 31 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!
        Is there a freeware\shareware component of a
report-generator, like Reportsmith, but one which is simpler to use,
doesn't require an external\runtime modual and may support dynamic
report form generating from within the application?

Mon, 01 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Its impossible !!!!!

Quote:

> Date: Thu, 14 DEC 95 21:04:33 GMT

> Newgroups: comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases
> Subject: Report-Smith Woes (was "Its Impossible!!")

>    Is there a freeware\shareware component of a
> report-generator, like Reportsmith, but one which is simpler to use,
> doesn't require an external\runtime modual and may support dynamic
> report form generating from within the application?

  yeah, go to HTTP://www.coriolis.com and they have quite a few delphi
pages listed.  From there, go to probably any one of them and they should
have an FTP area with descriptions.  I forget the names of them, but I
have seen two or three.

  Hope this helps.

  Eric D. Scales

Mon, 01 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. This looks impossible ?!

2. Impossible cached updates!

3. n:n relation impossible?

4. External Data Import - Impossible ???

5. I have an impossible problem.( can anyone think they can solve this )

6. Key violation should be impossible

7. Is this really impossible?

8. Impossible tu use Datamodule in DLLs

9. Setting NetFileDir at run-time seems impossible

10. BDE access impossible with WinNT service????

11. Is this impossible with SQL ?

12. Impossible to edit ?