SOS about Dynamic query whit more then nine parameters?!?!?!
Author Message
 SOS about Dynamic query whit more then nine parameters?!?!?!

I try to make a "dynamic query" with SQL,but when I try to use more then
nine parameters the runtime crash and display this error:

Field:<FieldName>.Table:<TableName>.Image:2

If I replace a parameter with a string the query works correct!WHY?!
Is it possible that SQL cannot works with more of 9 parameters?!
I hope that this isn't the problem.
PLEASE HELP ME!

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SOS about Dynamic query whit more then nine parameters?!?!?!

Quote:

>I try to make a "dynamic query" with SQL,but when I try to use more then
>nine parameters the runtime crash and display this error:
>Field:<FieldName>.Table:<TableName>.Image:2
>If I replace a parameter with a string the query works correct!WHY?!
>Is it possible that SQL cannot works with more of 9 parameters?!
>I hope that this isn't the problem.
>PLEASE HELP ME!

I assume that you are running on version 1.00. You need version 1.02
(will just cost you the price of a CD-ROM). Borland fixed it with this
upgrade.

Hope this helps,
Allen

---------
TINSAAFL: There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
  (variation on motto of the moon colony from Robert A. Heinlein)

Pessimist by policy, optimist by temperament - it is possible to be both.
How? By never taking an unnecessary chance and by minimizing risks you
can't avoid. This permits you to play out the game happily, untroubled
by the certainty of the outcome.
  - Robert A. Heinlein (a.k.a. Lazarus Long)

  Web: http://www.emi.net/~allenms

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SOS about Dynamic query whit more then nine parameters?!?!?!

Quote:

>I try to make a "dynamic query" with SQL,but when I try to use more then
>nine parameters the runtime crash and display this error:

>Field:<FieldName>.Table:<TableName>.Image:2

>If I replace a parameter with a string the query works correct!WHY?!
>Is it possible that SQL cannot works with more of 9 parameters?!
>I hope that this isn't the problem.
>PLEASE HELP ME!

Unfortunately, you pointed to the right issue. This is a limitation of
Delphi! In some of the announcements about Delphi 2.0, I read that
that limitation doesn't exist anymore. Didn't try it out, yet (so many
things to test...).

The standard way around is to build the whole query (or parts of it)
by yourself, using the TQuery.SQL.Add and alike methods.

Good luck!

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamic Query Parameters

2. SOS, SOS, HELP ME, HELP ME!

3. Dynamic SQL with 4 parameters?

4. Dynamic Definitions as a parameter.

5. Dynamic Query

6. Delphi/Dynamic Queries slow after Informix Upgrade

7. Dynamic SQL query of DELPHI 1.0..............

8. Urgent question about dynamic Query

9. Dynamic SQL Query problem

10. Dynamic Queries with TClientDataSet

11. QuickReports and dynamic queries