How to UPDATE tables with SQL?
Author Message
 How to UPDATE tables with SQL?

Please, answer, I've got a terrible problem.

When I try to make an UPDATE using TQuery object I get an error with the
cursor handle.

What does the TUpdateSql makes in all this?

Answer will be very appreciated.
Jaume Obrador

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to UPDATE tables with SQL?

When you make the TQuery Active are you using

TQuery.Open or TQuery.ExecSQL?

If you are running an update statement you need to use ExecSQL

Will Wilson
Financial Dynamics

Solutions that work

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to UPDATE tables with SQL?

Quote:
> Please, answer, I've got a terrible problem.

> When I try to make an UPDATE using TQuery object I get an error with the
> cursor handle.

> What does the TUpdateSql makes in all this?

> Answer will be very appreciated.
> Jaume Obrador

I am not sure if this applies, but you might try to use the TQuery.execute
method instead of the TQuery.open method.  I encountered a similar problem
trying to access stored procedures in an Access95 database and was tols the
execute was the key.

HTH,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

2. MULTI TABLE SQL TQUERY UPDATES??

3. DELPHI SQL MULTI-TABLE UPDATE

4. Help with BDE and SQL Update Dates in Paradox Tables

5. Saving TMemo field data to a Blob field (Interbase Table) via SQL Update Query

6. Table update problem (SQL)

7. Update JOINed tables in Paradox using SQL

8. Delphi 2/Sybase SQL Error on first Update to table

9. SQL table update problem!

10. Update Memo-Column with SQL UPDATE Statement

11. joining a paradox table to an MSAccess table in an SQL query

12. I can't edit table where I join two table (SQL 6.5)