Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98
Author Message
 Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

I wander if anyone can help.I have developed a small application using
delphi3
in a windows 95 environment.The application uses an Access database.When

compiled  it runs as expected.

However I have put a copy of the exe file + the associated mdb file
(Access file)
on awindows 98 machine and when I try to run it I now get the message''
'Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset'.

The dataset property has active set to true in the design..and as I say
it runs OK
under windows 95.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Kevin.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98
I think your Open failed. You're probably going to have to put a bunch of
debug code in the program and rerun under w98, but that's almost certainly
it.
I had a similiar problem once that turned out to be the default location of
databases.
Quote:

> I wander if anyone can help.I have developed a small application using
> delphi3
> in a windows 95 environment.The application uses an Access database.When

> compiled  it runs as expected.

> However I have put a copy of the exe file + the associated mdb file
> (Access file)
> on awindows 98 machine and when I try to run it I now get the message''
> 'Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset'.

> The dataset property has active set to true in the design..and as I say
> it runs OK
> under windows 95.

> Any ideas as to why this is happening?

> Kevin.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98
How are you accessing the Microsoft Access database ?

Are you using the BDE MSACCESS driver ? In that case the BDE needs to be
installed and configured and DAO 3.0 or 3.5 (depending on the configuration
of the BDE) needs to be installed (DAO 3.0 comes with MS Office 95 and DAO
3.5 comes with MS Office 97).

Quote:
> I wander if anyone can help.I have developed a small application using
> delphi3
> in a windows 95 environment.The application uses an Access database.When

> compiled  it runs as expected.

> However I have put a copy of the exe file + the associated mdb file
> (Access file)
> on awindows 98 machine and when I try to run it I now get the message''
> 'Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset'.

> The dataset property has active set to true in the design..and as I say
> it runs OK
> under windows 95.

> Any ideas as to why this is happening?

> Kevin.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TP6 - Windows 3.x,95,98

2. BP7 + Protected mode apps + Windows 95/98 = slowdown

3. Programmically installing TCP/IP under windows 95/98

4. Windows '95/'98 Shutdown

5. Windows 95/98 Version Information

6. compiler for windows 95 or 98

7. Missing PRNFLTR for Turbo Pascal 7.0 on Windows 95/98

8. Windows 95-98 Source Code

9. Windows 3.1 software developed on windows 95

10. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

11. Borland Pascal 7.0 - Debugger for Windows and Windows '95

12. ASCII codes in Windows 98