Scroll / Searching Question
Author Message
 Scroll / Searching Question

Hi:

Can anyone tell me how to scroll through records in a grid as the
user types in characters in an edit box (like a combo box) ?

I tried the gotonearest on the edit box change event, but it doesn't
seem to work.

Thanks in Advance,
Ken

Wed, 10 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll / Searching Question
Hi

I hope this code is wath you seatch.

{Table1 must be open and indexed on the field
you use for searching.

       IndexFieldNames := 'Name'

In this exemple i use the Fiels 'NAME' for searching

Quote:
}

procedure TForm1.Edit1Change(Sender: TObject);
begin
  With table1 do begin
     SetKey;
     FieldByName('Name').AsString := Edit1.Text;
     GotoNearest;
  end;
end;

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TTable Searching Question...

2. question about using Delphi to search directories for strings of data

3. Question on searching a paradox database

4. Memo Field search performance, Newbie question

5. Newbie Question. [Searching a dBase File]

6. search operator question

7. Search and add record question.

8. Pascal-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

9. Need : Recursive file search/directory search

10. Pascal-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

11. Delphi-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

12. query and after scroll event