Help! configuring Interbase driver
Author Message
 Help! configuring Interbase driver

I'm a new setup on delphi here folks and having a slight problem.  When I
go into Database Explorer I try to set up an alias but I don't see
Intrbase as the database driver name in the new database alias dialog box.
What did I do?

Thanks!
Rachel

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! configuring Interbase driver

Quote:

> I'm a new setup on Delphi here folks and having a slight problem.  When I
> go into Database Explorer I try to set up an alias but I don't see
> Intrbase as the database driver name in the new database alias dialog box.
> What did I do?

> Thanks!
> RachelRun the BDE Config Utility.  Click the Aliases tab.  Check-out the

IBLOCAL alias (installed by default).  Notice the "Server Name" parm.
This has the the fully qualified path and file name of the example
InterBase database.

Please note that the "Path" parm is blank.  This is not used (according
to Borland docs) so leave it blank when you create your own alias.

You will need to create an alias after you have created the database.
Use the "Inbase for Windows ISQL" utility to do this.

Good luck.

Rich Poletti

Thu, 24 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! configuring Interbase driver

You should use the Borland Database Engine to set up an alias first.
The local IB drivers are supplied with Delphi, but if you want to
connect to a remote IB server, you must either set up the ODBC drivers
first (in ODBC/32 control panel), or buy the SQLLinks, or have Delphi
C/S.

Quote:

>I'm a new setup on Delphi here folks and having a slight problem.  When I
>go into Database Explorer I try to set up an alias but I don't see
>Intrbase as the database driver name in the new database alias dialog box.
>What did I do?
>Thanks!
>Rachel

Fri, 25 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help - Interbase, Driver not known to system

2. Please help configure BDE in Delphi 2

3. Help: Configuring and Building GNU pascal

4. Help Configuring Turbo Debugger for Windows

5. Drivers for interbase to use with ODBC

6. 16-bit Local Interbase ODBC Driver?

7. ODBC driver for InterBase 6

8. ODBC drivers with Local Interbase ??

9. Problems with InterBase ODBC-Drivers

10. Borland Interbase ODBC driver

11. INTERBASE ODBC driver ?

12. Distributing 16bit Interbase ODBC drivers