Cached Updates Error???
Author Message
 Cached Updates Error???

Hi!!

I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
on true this same field are empty..
Is it any erroe in delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
I'a looking for your answer.

Grzegorz Masal

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cached Updates Error???

Ive discovered the same problem with an AutoInc-Field. I guess there
Default values are set when writing to the database. By using CachedUpdates
you dont write to the database only by calling "Commit", so the default
values are not set and there is NOTHING!!! you can do about it.
But for your problem i would set the default values in the OnNewRecord-Event
of the table.

--
Andreas Klein
Remove XXX from my eMail

Grzegorz Masal schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:
>Hi!!

>I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
>value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
>to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
>on true this same field are empty..
>Is it any erroe in Delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
>I'a looking for your answer.

>Grzegorz Masal

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cached Updates Error???

On Wed, 03 Jun 1998 10:45:33 +0200, Grzegorz Masal

I would set the "CachedUpdates" property before you do any edits and
then call "ApplyUpdates" instead of "Commit".

Quote:
>Hi!!

>I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
>value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
>to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
>on true this same field are empty..
>Is it any erroe in Delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
>I'a looking for your answer.

>Grzegorz Masal

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

2. Cached Updates - How to find row in error

3. Cached Updates; Identifying the row causing the error

4. BDE, cache update, Interbase, validation error for column [long]

5. Which record caused an error using cached updates?

6. "Update Failed" With Cache Update

7. Cached updates

8. Interbase components and cached updates

9. Help with Cached Updates

10. refresh with cache updates

11. change the value before commit the cache updates?

12. BDE uses Paradox for handling cached updates?!