How to delete records in a dBase table?
Author Message
 How to delete records in a dBase table?

Hopefully a simple problem, but how do I delete records from a dBase table so
that the record is actually erased and not just marked deleted - ie I want to
delete the record and pack the table.  The TTable.Delete just marks the record
deleted without erasing it, so the record still takes up room in the file...

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to delete records in a dBase table?

Hi

Examine DbiDoRestructure function. It is in BDE API help or DOC\BDE.INT in
Delphi directory. It really deletes records marked.

Bye

        Chopin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. deleting records from dbase table

2. Deleted records in dbase tables

3. D1: DBase-Tables, RecordCount and deleting records

4. Problem with TTable after deleting all records in DBase table

5. DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records

6. dBase BatchMove deletes record ID

7. deleted dbase records

8. filtering deleted dbase records

9. dBase Record Deletes

10. How to recall deleted Dbase Record?

11. Deleting records in a DBASE file

12. How to Pack Dbase file after deleting records in Delphi