ROUND FUNCTION in Local SQL
Author Message
 ROUND FUNCTION in Local SQL

How can I do rounding in Local SQL in delphi 2.0. It would be something
like this, but it doesn't work:

select sum(round(Curr1*100)/100) from TABLE1;

It errors:'capability not supported'. Is there any other way to solve
this problem?

Brane...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ROUND FUNCTION in Local SQL

Quote:

> How can I do rounding in Local SQL in Delphi 2.0. It would be something
> like this, but it doesn't work:

> select sum(round(Curr1*100)/100) from TABLE1;

> It errors:'capability not supported'. Is there any other way to solve
> this problem?

You might need ot do this in two parts, such as:
select rndcurr1 as ((curr1*100)/100), sum(rndcurr1) from TABLE1;

--

Remove the <<!!!!>> and !! from the address to reply ..

For the auto-spamers, here's a few addresses from the FCC...

And for good measure......

|  By sending me unsolicitated commercial email you agree to pay my |
| standard consulting fee of $250/hr for examining your message (a  |
| minimum charge of one (1) hour).  The bill for my service will be |
| sent to you along with my analysis of your message.               |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo Pascal for Windows and Round function and randomize function

2. Aggregate functions and Group By problems in Local SQL

3. SYSDATE function in Local SQL

4. LOcal SQL string functions

5. Problem with Local - SQL SUM() function

6. Local SQL function returning current date

7. FUNCTION ROUND IN INTERBASE ?

8. Round function returns bad answer

9. Error in round() function ???

10. Using LOCAL-SQL or Transact-SQL with SQL-server and BDE

11. Rounding Error in MS SQL Server

12. Delphi 2.0 cached SQL rounding numbers on Oracle.