EDBEngineError 'Invalid File Name'
Author Message
 EDBEngineError 'Invalid File Name'

I hope someone can enlighten me. I realise that I must have missed out
something fairly basic, so most of you will be able to solve this!!

Here is what I have written:

   With Table1 Do
        begin
            Close;
            DataBaseName:=EFNme; {EFNme containing a Directory path}
            TableName:=DbNme;    {DbNme is the filename}
            TableType:=ttParadox;
            With FieldDefs Do
                begin
                Clear;
                Add('Field1',ftString,250,False);
                end;
            With IndexDefs Do
                begin
                Clear;
                Add('Field1Indy','Field1',[ixCaseInsensitive]);
                end;
            CreateTable;
       end;

What happens when I run this is that I get a EDBEngineError stating
"Invalid File Name."

Where oh Where have I gone wrong, seeing that I practically copied that
out of the Help?
--
Dani Epstein

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 EDBEngineError 'Invalid File Name'

Quote:

> I hope someone can enlighten me. I realise that I must have missed out

> something fairly basic, so most of you will be able to solve this!!

  Do you have Win95 B?  --  If so, that's your problem...  Download the
BDE upgrade which fixes this with the FAT32...

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

--
"We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 EDBEngineError 'Invalid File Name'

Quote:

> I hope someone can enlighten me. I realise that I must have missed out
> something fairly basic, so most of you will be able to solve this!!

> Here is what I have written:

>    With Table1 Do
>         begin
>             Close;
>             DataBaseName:=EFNme; {EFNme containing a Directory path}
>             TableName:=DbNme;    {DbNme is the filename}
>             TableType:=ttParadox;
>             With FieldDefs Do
>                 begin
>                 Clear;
>                 Add('Field1',ftString,250,False);
>                 end;
>             With IndexDefs Do
>                 begin
>                 Clear;
>                 Add('Field1Indy','Field1',[ixCaseInsensitive]);
>                 end;
>             CreateTable;
>        end;

> What happens when I run this is that I get a EDBEngineError stating
> "Invalid File Name."

Hi Dani,

the "Invalid File Name" error is part of the error category "Invalid
Request". So what's the file name you use ??? (Perpaps it contains
some forbidden characters ???)

I hope I could help you.

Ciao
     Jens-Peter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. EDBEngineError "Invalid File Name"

2. EDBEngineError (Invalid File Name)

3. EDBEngineError: Invalid file name

4. DBLookupComboBox: EDBEngineError 'No Current record'

5. D2: EDBEngineError: 'Record/key deleted'

6. EDBEngineError 'At beginning of table'

7. EDBEngineError ('At beginning of table')

8. Unhelpful EDBEngineError: 'At beginning of table'

9. 'Index is read only' - EDBEngineError

10. Help!: 'Invalid variable reference'

11. EVariantError 'Invalid variant type conversion'

12. 'Invalid Filename' - BDE Error