3D look of MDI forms
Author Message
 3D look of MDI forms

Try using a TBevel with the align property set to alClient and the border
style set to bsLowered.

Someone may like to correct me, but I don't think Word uses MDI...you can't
Ctrl-Tab...

--
Mark Pritchard

Quote:
> I'm trying to create a MDI form with the same 3D look of MDI forms of
> Office 95.

> When I set the Color property of the form to "clAppWorkSpace" the color
> stays OK. But the boders of the form do not have that 3D look that
> Office does...

> If I put a scroll box in my form and make it aligned to client, the form
> stays with the 3D look that I want, however my Child forms doesn't
> appear anymore, cause they stay behind this scroll box is there any
> workaround for this ? Or any other way to do this ?

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 3D look of MDI forms

In the protected section of your TForm (or child form) declaration type
this:

        procedure CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams);override;

In your implementation section type this:

        procedure TFrmMain.CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams);
        begin
          inherited CreateParams(Params);
          with Params do
          begin
            ExStyle:=ExStyle or WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE;
          end;
        end;

TFrmMain is, of course, the name of the class of your form.
This will give you a definite 3D bevel!!!  You might not like the final
result though when you try to add panels.

Have fun.

Ross.

Quote:
> Try using a TBevel with the align property set to alClient and the border
> style set to bsLowered.

> Someone may like to correct me, but I don't think Word uses MDI...you
can't
> Ctrl-Tab...

> --
> Mark Pritchard

> > I'm trying to create a MDI form with the same 3D look of MDI forms of
> > Office 95.

> > When I set the Color property of the form to "clAppWorkSpace" the color
> > stays OK. But the boders of the form do not have that 3D look that
> > Office does...

> > If I put a scroll box in my form and make it aligned to client, the
form
> > stays with the 3D look that I want, however my Child forms doesn't
> > appear anymore, cause they stay behind this scroll box is there any
> > workaround for this ? Or any other way to do this ?

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can MDI child forms have child forms ?

2. Putting a form in a form without MDI

3. MDI Frame Win Close Crash - Cannot Create Form. No MDI Forms are currently active

4. Datamodule in MDI-forms

5. MDI applications - wrong form references

6. * Displaying Transparent MDI Child Forms *

7. MDI application and modal forms

8. Independent view on every MDI child form - problem

9. MDI application and modal forms (please forget my first message)

10. MDI Forms & On Activate

11. Closing MDI forms

12. Help on DataModules and MDI forms