BDE and NT4.0 privileges
Author Message
 BDE and NT4.0 privileges

I'm using a D3 app, Access 7.0 Db, with the dreaded MSACCES driver under
NT4.0.

When I install the app and bde on a NT4.0 workstation it will only run if
the user logs on with administrator privileges, for normal users the BDE
falls over during initialisation!

Granting administrator priveleges to every user is obviously not possible..
Someone else must have come up against this problem..

Please Help...

S. Gibbs

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE and NT4.0 privileges

Hi Simon.

There are 2 directories, where BDE must to have full file access:
1) BDE installation directory.
2) C:/ directory, where located PDOXUSERS.NET file.

Quote:
>I'm using a D3 app, Access 7.0 Db, with the dreaded MSACCES driver under
>NT4.0.

>When I install the app and bde on a NT4.0 workstation it will only run if
>the user logs on with administrator privileges, for normal users the BDE
>falls over during initialisation!

>Granting administrator priveleges to every user is obviously not possible..
>Someone else must have come up against this problem..

>Please Help...

>S. Gibbs

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE and NT4.0 privileges

If it's a registry problem, take a look at the Delphi Q & A on Borland's
web site.
--

Alain Quesnel

If you reply by e-mail, remove the brackets on
each side of my reply-to address.

Quote:
> I'm using a D3 app, Access 7.0 Db, with the dreaded MSACCES driver under
> NT4.0.

> When I install the app and bde on a NT4.0 workstation it will only run if
> the user logs on with administrator privileges, for normal users the BDE
> falls over during initialisation!

> Granting administrator priveleges to every user is obviously not
possible..
> Someone else must have come up against this problem..

> Please Help...

> S. Gibbs

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. CL - can the BDE/Paradox run on NT4.1

2. Changing access privileges on Interbase databse

3. Controling privilege level in protected mode programs ?

4. Interbase:Different Privileges for Different Users?

5. Long File Names in NT4 and 2000?

6. Big Trouble of Application of designed by Delphi3.0 Client/Server on NT4.0+SP4 above

7. Random numbers /Time DOS-Interrupt using TP6 on NT4

8. Qreport2k & NT4

9. Delphi 3:Printing on NT4 machine

10. UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

11. Long File Names in NT4 and 2000?

12. BP7 and NT4 AT command