TCP/IP vice Name Pipes
Author Message
 TCP/IP vice Name Pipes

All;

    Need some help in configuring the BDE to use TCP/IP with MS-SQL Server.
I've done it in Interbase, but how do you do it with MS-SQL Server?

Dean Jones
Personal Tech Software

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP vice Name Pipes
You don't. If you install SQL Server 7 to use TCP/IP and install the BDE
correctly (v5.1 to use SQL Server 7) it will use named pipes to resolve the
server address by name.
Otherwise you can specify the IP address of the SQL Server host.

Jack

Quote:
> All;

>     Need some help in configuring the BDE to use TCP/IP with MS-SQL
Server.
> I've done it in Interbase, but how do you do it with MS-SQL Server?

> Dean Jones
> Personal Tech Software

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP PING using Novell TCP/IP stack

2. IPX or PC/TCP or TCP/IP in pascal

3. Named Pipes , SQL Server 6.5 & Delphi

4. Any TCP/IP client/server tutorial for Delphi

5. Who knows smth about internet online tcp/ip database-servers

6. TCP/IP and sockets for BP.

7. TCP/IP for BP7/DOS wanted

8. TCP/IP Technology

9. How do we connect to an oracle server via tcp/ip network

10. TCP/IP - is it possible?!

11. Delphi TCP/IP on WIN NT 3.51

12. Delphi and TCP/IP?