TQuery and temporary table (urgent)
Author Message
 TQuery and temporary table (urgent)

Hello;

I'm in a bit of a fix... I just wrote a bunch of code to access a TQuery
whose datasource was a ClientDataSet temporary table.  The Clientdataset
table is created at runtime, and disposed of without ever being saved to
disk.  Apparently the TQuery can't access the ClientDataSet, because I keep
getting a "Table not found" error... it's looking for a paradox .db, or some
other locally saved table.  Even if I have the ClientDataSet save its data
to disk, it is in XML format and I don't know if a TQuery will hit that or
not.

I'm using D6 Pro.

If anyone has any suggestions of any kind, I would really appreciate them,
I'm sorta under the gun here.

Thanks

Nick

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:05:27 GMT
 TQuery and temporary table (urgent)

Quote:

> Hello;

> I'm in a bit of a fix... I just wrote a bunch of code to access a TQuery
> whose datasource was a ClientDataSet temporary table.  The Clientdataset
> table is created at runtime, and disposed of without ever being saved to
> disk.  Apparently the TQuery can't access the ClientDataSet, because I
> keep getting a "Table not found" error... it's looking for a paradox .db,
> or some
> other locally saved table.  Even if I have the ClientDataSet save its data
> to disk, it is in XML format and I don't know if a TQuery will hit that or
> not.

> I'm using D6 Pro.

> If anyone has any suggestions of any kind, I would really appreciate them,
> I'm sorta under the gun here.

As far as I know, unless you save the table to disk you cannot query it.
When you have not done this, the data =is= on disk but it's in an /open/
file.

----------------------------------
Fast automatic table repair at a click of a mouse!
http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:19:44 GMT
 TQuery and temporary table (urgent)
Damn... thanks for your help though

Nick

Quote:

> > Hello;

> > I'm in a bit of a fix... I just wrote a bunch of code to access a TQuery
> > whose datasource was a ClientDataSet temporary table.  The Clientdataset
> > table is created at runtime, and disposed of without ever being saved to
> > disk.  Apparently the TQuery can't access the ClientDataSet, because I
> > keep getting a "Table not found" error... it's looking for a paradox
.db,
> > or some
> > other locally saved table.  Even if I have the ClientDataSet save its
data
> > to disk, it is in XML format and I don't know if a TQuery will hit that
or
> > not.

> > I'm using D6 Pro.

> > If anyone has any suggestions of any kind, I would really appreciate
them,
> > I'm sorta under the gun here.

> As far as I know, unless you save the table to disk you cannot query it.
> When you have not done this, the data =is= on disk but it's in an /open/
> file.

> ----------------------------------
> Fast automatic table repair at a click of a mouse!

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:31:19 GMT

1. TQuery.Open too slow with SQL table (URGENT, Please)

2. Tquery component and Temporary files

3. TQuery to a temporary file

4. Help! Native language in Temporary tables

5. Temporary Tables / FOREACH

6. Help Requested: Temporary DataSets/Tables...

7. How to create temporary table for each user?

8. Add temporary index to a table

9. temporary table resource limit

10. Sybase, Delphi and temporary tables?

11. Temporary Table in Delphi, like :PRIV:Answer.db in pdox

12. Temporary tables