Deadlocks on Win2000 but not on NT 4 !!
Author Message
 Deadlocks on Win2000 but not on NT 4 !!

It is really unclear to me! Same everything but on NT 4 it works like
a charm and on Windows2000 I get deadlocks everytime two browsers try
to save a record concurrently. More details:
  -- same cgi/isapi, writting in Delphi5
  -- same database
  -- same database server, Sybase ASA v12
  -- same webserver, IIS
BUT...
  ++ different OS. On one machine the website is hosted on Win2000 and
on another Windows NT 4.0
  ++ when two browsers accessing the same website try to save a record
at the same time (as much as I could with two rapid clicks), one
browser shows the error message:
"Error! Database1: Cannot perform this operation on a closed
database".
This happens only in the website hosted on Win2000. The other one
shows no error message and gets the two browsers satisfied.
  ++ the error takes place at the "Database1.StartTransaction"
statement.

Any ideas why this happens? Can it be that there is some setting I
have neglected that makes the two environments not quite the same? Or
is it that Win2000 is 'too sensitive'?

Tips and ideas are very welcome
Thanks
Sleiman

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:31:25 GMT

1. Mouse does not work win2000

2. User32.dll Error on 95 Not on 98 or NT

3. NT NOT letting go - HELP!!!!!

4. Refresh not working on NT

5. LoadLibrary works wunder NT but not win95

6. .lck files not deleted - NT - Colorado Backup running - help

7. Interbase 4.2 NT not support SMP ?

8. SQL statement does work on NT but not Win95

9. Interbase Win2000 Netware SPX/IPX

10. Win2000 & Delphi 4 C/S

11. Win2000 keyboard settings

12. Wrong Systemtime at WinNT and Win2000