Delphi, Delphi, and Delphi
Author Message
 Delphi, Delphi, and Delphi

Is it possible for delphi to display meaningful "user-friendly"
error messages based on a look-up table, which is tied to the
ORACLE error messages ?
e.g. if the oracle message is "field cannot be null", can I trap
it to give an user-friendly message saying "Enter a value etc."?
If someone has worked on ORACLE*FORMS, he should understand what
I am trying to say?
Thanks

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi, Delphi, and Delphi
: Is it possible for DELPHI to display meaningful "user-friendly"
: error messages based on a look-up table, which is tied to the
: ORACLE error messages ?

Yep. You need to include your db operations in an EDBEngineError
and use the 'Native' field to extract the appropriate error code.
Matching that against a message table should be a trivial task.

--

Fax: +358 0 33 88 22                                    " Why me? "

Tue, 14 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi, Delphi, and Delphi

=>Is it possible for DELPHI to display meaningful "user-friendly"
=>error messages based on a look-up table, which is tied to the
=>ORACLE error messages ?
=>e.g. if the oracle message is "field cannot be null", can I trap
=>it to give an user-friendly message saying "Enter a value etc."?
=>If someone has worked on ORACLE*FORMS, he should understand what
=>I am trying to say?
=>Thanks

You can change Delphi messages editing CONST.RES (and many others
Resource Objects) in delphi\lib directory. This will be more easy if
you have the Resource Workshop (TPW) or you can use the Image Editor
from Delphi's Tools main menu.

HTH,

Carlos Alberto

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi...Delphi....Delphi - New Delphi Site

2. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

3. Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

4. editer of database on delphi without delphi

5. 32-bit Delphi's dbGrid functionality for Delphi 1

6. Paradox Datenbanken aus Delphi 4 unter Delphi 5 mit ADO anbinden

7. Delphi Developer + SQL LINKS = Delphi Client Server ?

8. Delphi 2 slower than Delphi 1 !?

9. Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3

10. Delphi 3, BDE 4.0 and Delphi 3 configuration

11. DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

12. Delphi 3 or Delphi 4