DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension
Author Message
 DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension

Quote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a DBGrid derived componnet
> that offers multi-line text (memo) field.  The App. I am
> working on displays a history of comments.  I will like to
> be able to fully show each comment record.

> I have tried InfoPower but it shows only a substring of the memo;
> the user can click on an ellipse; the full memo will then display
> in a newly created window.

> The users are not sold on the InfoPower capability, they will like to
> see each full memo record.

> If there are ideas out there, please send me a reply on mail as well.

> God Bless as always,

> Daniel Adeniji

What about using a DBCtrlGrid instead?  I must admit to not using this
one much, but what about using this and on one panel placing a DBText or
DBMemo control?

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension

Does anyone know where I can get a DBGrid derived componnet
that offers multi-line text (memo) field.  The App. I am
working on displays a history of comments.  I will like to
be able to fully show each comment record.

I have tried InfoPower but it shows only a substring of the memo;
the user can click on an ellipse; the full memo will then display
in a newly created window.

The users are not sold on the InfoPower capability, they will like to
see each full memo record.

If there are ideas out there, please send me a reply on mail as well.

God Bless as always,

Daniel Adeniji

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension

Paul Keegstra wrote in a message appearing on comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.databases:

Quote:
>What about using a DBCtrlGrid instead?  I must admit to not using this
>one much, but what about using this and on one panel placing a DBText or
>DBMemo control?

If you try to put a DBMemo onto a DBCtrlGrid you will get an error
message "Control cannot be used in a DBCtrlGrid".

As far as I'm concerned, the DBCtrlGrid is next to useless.

--

http://www.interpath.com/~kwdavids/

* Respondeo ergo sum ("I respond, therefore I am"), Franz Bibfeldt

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension

Actually, in our new InfoPower 2.0 release, that is a standard
capability within the grid.  If you haven't yet received information
about the new version, you should soon.

Kirk (Woll2Woll Software)

Quote:
>Does anyone know where I can get a DBGrid derived componnet
>that offers multi-line text (memo) field.  The App. I am
>working on displays a history of comments.  I will like to
>be able to fully show each comment record.

>I have tried InfoPower but it shows only a substring of the memo;
>the user can click on an ellipse; the full memo will then display
>in a newly created window.

>The users are not sold on the InfoPower capability, they will like to
>see each full memo record.

>If there are ideas out there, please send me a reply on mail as well.

>God Bless as always,

>Daniel Adeniji

Tue, 09 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for a multi line DBGrid

2. Multi-line DBGrid Column Headings

3. Printing lines of memo fields

4. Help: Reading Memo field to a string with line feeds

5. QuickReport - Printing selected lines of memo fields

6. Memo field in DBGrid

7. Another DBGrid question about Memo fields

8. How to display memo fields on DBGrids?

9. Memo field in DBGrid

10. Memo Fields in DBGRID

11. Memo field in DBGrid

12. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field