Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT
Author Message
 Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find a
good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that I
could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.....

BTW, I would appreciate it if you could respond to this message via e-mail,

do the news groups.  Thanks!

             \\\|///
           \\  - -  //

       +--oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------+
       |                             |
       |  Who:    Louis S. Berman    |
       |          BrainTree Ltd.     |
       |                             |

       |  Web:    www.moneypump.com  |
       |  Phone:  +1 718-279-2100    |
       |  Fax:    +1 718-224-4728    |
       +-----------------------------+

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT
Louis S. Berman schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
> full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find a
> good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that I
> could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
> image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.
> Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.....

A Turbo Pascal unit (TP 6 or TP 7) is found on the TP-links in chapter
"graphics" at the bottom of the chapter:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html
it is made to be used in a TP application to get .BMP from the screen
in the background. It creates any count of 16-colour .BMP files. It
runs under DOS, but shall work in full screen mode of WinXX too.

There is also a unit to capture BGI 640x480x16 graphics to .BMP-16.

:-) Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT
If you want a cheesy SendKeys solution, grab PushKeys from
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download section. Actually, its not
cheesy, its excellent (showing that modesty is one of my many, many great
personality attributes :) ).

PushKeys is a reworking of the flaky VB SendKeys command (using the Win32
keybd_event API call), and is syntax compatible with it, although it does
stuff beyond what SendKeys does, like sending keystrokes to DOS apps, plus
extended keystrokes and functionality. There are versions for VB, Delphi,
and C available. It comes with full source, a help file, and its free.

Getting the output of a DOS app is a little tricky. What you can do here is
run the
DOS app in a window, and use PushKeys to cut and paste between the DOS app
and your app. To do this, invoke the control menu by sending a Alt-Space to
the DOS window, then selecting E to Edit and K to mark. Then use the arrow
keys to negotiate your way to the area of the screen you want, press the
Shift key, and use the arrow keys to mark the text you want. Now re-invoke
the control menu (Alt-Space) and select E to Edit and Y to Copy. You now
have copied the
area you want to the clipboard. Put the focus back to your app, and paste
into an edit box or whatever.

Good luck!
Christopher Latta

Quote:

>Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
>full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find
>good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that
>could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
>image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Quote:

> If you want a cheesy SendKeys solution, grab PushKeys from
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download section. Actually, its not
> cheesy, its excellent (showing that modesty is one of my many, many great
> personality attributes :) ).

> PushKeys is a reworking of the flaky VB SendKeys command (using the Win32
> keybd_event API call), and is syntax compatible with it, although it does
> stuff beyond what SendKeys does, like sending keystrokes to DOS apps, plus
> extended keystrokes and functionality. There are versions for VB, Delphi,
> and C available. It comes with full source, a help file, and its free.

> Getting the output of a DOS app is a little tricky. What you can do here is
> run the
> DOS app in a window, and use PushKeys to cut and paste between the DOS app
> and your app. To do this, invoke the control menu by sending a Alt-Space to
> the DOS window, then selecting E to Edit and K to mark. Then use the arrow
> keys to negotiate your way to the area of the screen you want, press the
> Shift key, and use the arrow keys to mark the text you want. Now re-invoke
> the control menu (Alt-Space) and select E to Edit and Y to Copy. You now
> have copied the
> area you want to the clipboard. Put the focus back to your app, and paste
> into an edit box or whatever.

> Good luck!
> Christopher Latta

> >Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
> >full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find
> >good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that
> >could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
> >image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.

Could you explain to me a bit more. Maybe I will be able to help.
Do you want to capture everyting the border,icons etc.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How do I know DOS program is under Win 95 or Win NT

2. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

3. Getting Data from Screen in Win 95 with TurboPascal 6

4. User32.dll Error on 95 Not on 98 or NT

5. Index errors when using NT-server and 95/98 workstations

6. TD286 Debugger and Win 95/98

7. Text Mode Screen Capture

8. Text Mode Screen Capture

9. BP7 + Protected mode apps + Windows 95/98 = slowdown

10. Set full screen in a dos command shell under win98

11. SQL Server for Win 95 and Win NT?

12. problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed