Questions
Author Message
 Questions

I'm a new delphi developer using MSACCESS 97 as my backend database. I
have some questions
which I hope someone can answer.

1. Is access97 a suitable database? I had problems using VB and
Access, kept losing data.
2. Whenever my application starts up, I get a login screen. I do not
have any users defined in my access database. How do  I prevent this
screen from coming up?
3. I have a main form and multiple child forms. When my app start the
child form appears inside the main form. I only want it to load when a
button is clicked. How to do this?

Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Questions
1. I would recommend using Paradox if you can, it is less hassle to get up
and running in Delphi. Especially for a Delphi beginner.
2. In the property editor of you TDatabase component set LoginPrompt to
False
3. Try using a SDI app instead of a MDI app. Then when you want to show each
form use the declarartion frmYourFormName.Show. If you want a MDI app trying
looking at the auto-create options in Under the Project|Options menu.

Quote:
> I'm a new Delphi developer using MSACCESS 97 as my backend database. I
> have some questions
> which I hope someone can answer.

> 1. Is access97 a suitable database? I had problems using VB and
> Access, kept losing data.
> 2. Whenever my application starts up, I get a login screen. I do not
> have any users defined in my access database. How do  I prevent this
> screen from coming up?
> 3. I have a main form and multiple child forms. When my app start the
> child form appears inside the main form. I only want it to load when a
> button is clicked. How to do this?

> Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Questions, questions, questions....So many questions...Help me please...

2. Questions, questions ...

3. Question on passing pointer to procedure - question.zip (0/1)

4. Question on passing pointer to procedure - question.zip (0/1)

5. Timo Salvi's FAQ Question #73 Questioned!

6. Question and answer lost on a SQL query (answer from avegaart)

7. SQL question

8. DatabaseName question

9. Two questions

10. SQL question