Help with long strings as query parameters
Author Message
 Help with long strings as query parameters

I'm having a problem with a delphi 5 data conversion app.  I'm reading
data from one database table through a query, doing some manipulation,
and putting into an MS-Access 97 table through and insert statement.

The problem is with a memo field.  I'm reading it from the old DB with
FieldByName('fieldname').AsString, which works OK.  When I try to put
this string into the Access DB with Param[X].AsString, it's fine as long
as the string is less than 255 bytes.  If it's large, I get garbage in
the memo field.  I've tried using Param[X].AsBlob and AsMemo, but the
same thing occurs.

I can write the update SQL statements with the long strings out to a
text file, but I don't know how to batch SQL statements into Access.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:02:10 GMT

1. String parameters in queries against Oracle

2. "Parameter not set in query string"

3. Help with how to use Date parameter in D5 MSSQL query

4. Long queries and progress or SOMETHING...Geezzzzz...Can SOMEONE help me out here

5. Help w/ long query

6. Query about manipulating strings in Pascal (HELP!!!)

7. VARCHAR and LONG parameters and ORACLE.

8. Oracle strings longer than 255 ??????

9. writing LONG STRINGS to SQL-Server6.5!!!!!!!

10. Longer strings

11. strings longer then 255 characters

12. strings longer then 255 characters