Pervasive Delphi Components
Author Message
 Pervasive Delphi Components

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Pervasive components for delphi 4 (I know,
I'd upgrade tomorrow but the purse strings are very tightly held).
Every time I try and add the components I get the message 'A device
attached to the system is not functioning'. I've looked at Borlands,
Pervasive and the Google and cannot find an answer. I've learnt that
this is usually to do with loading DLL's. From what I can tell the
components use only two, kernel32.dll and drm.dll. Both of these are
on the path, kernel32.dll must be working or I would not be typing
this now and drm.dll works because I can run the Pervasive example
applications.

I know this works because I investigated them a couple of months ago
and everything was OK (I've rebuilt the PC since [Win98]).

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Ian Young
Graphic PLC

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:58:47 GMT
 Pervasive Delphi Components
sounds like a path problem that your supplying.
Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to install the Pervasive components for Delphi 4 (I know,
> I'd upgrade tomorrow but the purse strings are very tightly held).
> Every time I try and add the components I get the message 'A device
> attached to the system is not functioning'. I've looked at Borlands,
> Pervasive and the Google and cannot find an answer. I've learnt that
> this is usually to do with loading DLL's. From what I can tell the
> components use only two, kernel32.dll and drm.dll. Both of these are
> on the path, kernel32.dll must be working or I would not be typing
> this now and drm.dll works because I can run the Pervasive example
> applications.

> I know this works because I investigated them a couple of months ago
> and everything was OK (I've rebuilt the PC since [Win98]).

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Best Regards

> Ian Young
> Graphic PLC

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:59:13 GMT

1. Pervasive/Btrieve components

2. from paradox to pervasive SQL 7

3. Pervasive or MS SQL ?

4. Anyone using Pervasive SQL ?

5. Q: Pervasive SCALEABLE SQL

6. Delphi5, Pervasive and Identity field type

7. Pervasive database driver

8. ODE 2.0 - ODBC Components for Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

9. Delphi components/data objects in Delphi

10. Component Authors: We want your components!