General SQL Error w/Access97 - Installation Problem?
Author Message
 General SQL Error w/Access97 - Installation Problem?

Hi all,

I've got a Delphi4 app using an Access97 database. I'm using the
Installshield SE for delphi installer to install the app. I've
selected to install the BDE and included what I believe to be
all the necessary files for DAO 3.5. I made sure the install is
using IDDA3532.DLL in the DLL32 line.

After installing the app and trying to run it, I get the
following error:

   General SQL Error
   -2147221164
   Table
   Alias: dbMagic (<- name of my database alias)

Any ideas what this error is and why I can't connect to the
database? The install is being done on an NT4 box. The program
runs fine on my Win98 development PC. Are there any special
parameters that I have to set when my app starts other than
'DATABASE NAME'? Any other thoughts? I've got to get this app
installed by Friday, and this problem is killing me! Any help
more than appreciated. TIA.

 - Dave

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BDE error: 13059 (General SQL error)

2. General SQL error -- Win32 error 10054

3. General SQL error.[ODBC Access Driver]Jet error -1003

4. SQL Server and GENERAL SQL ERROR

5. General SQL error - Delphi 2 ODBC to Access 7.0 mdb

6. General SQL Error in delphi 1.x when Using StartTrans

7. Data Pump GENERAL SQL Error

8. General SQL Error

9. General SQL error with convert function

10. General SQL error

11. General SQL Error

12. General SQL error.