How to Encyrpt Database 
Author Message
 How to Encyrpt Database

Hi, I am new to the world of delphi programming and I have been reading up on the
Database Engine of Delphi and find it cool to be able to use so many different
database platform.

But I was wondering is there a way by which we could make the database that we create
encyrpted so that only the software could read them, instead of prying eyes who could
use a Paradox or Dbase to view those data.

And another thing, can we change the database file extension, like in the case of
Dbase from .DBF to say .ABC ??

Thanks. And Hearing from you soon.

--
    ___
  {~._.~} Edwin Lau

 (:_~*~_:)Let's Communicate Today BBS (Singapore)
  (_)-(_) Datel : (065) 469-0032 / (065) 469-0076
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to Encyrpt Database

Quote:

>Hi, I am new to the world of Delphi programming and I have been reading up on the
>Database Engine of Delphi and find it cool to be able to use so many different
>database platform.
>But I was wondering is there a way by which we could make the database that we create
>encyrpted so that only the software could read them, instead of prying eyes who could
>use a Paradox or Dbase to view those data.
>And another thing, can we change the database file extension, like in the case of
>Dbase from .DBF to say .ABC ??
>Thanks. And Hearing from you soon.

If you use a password-protected Paradox table then the data will be
automatically encrypted in a manner that is "secure enough" for most purposes,
and also flexible because different passwords afford different levels of
protection.  Even Paradox cannot open the table without [one of] the necessary
passwords.

Changing the database filename extension to conceal the nature of the data in
it is strongly not-advised.



Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to Encyrpt Database
Quote:


>>Hi, I am new to the world of Delphi programming and I have been reading up on the
>>Database Engine of Delphi and find it cool to be able to use so many different
>>database platform.

>>But I was wondering is there a way by which we could make the database that we create encyrpted so that only the software could re=

ad them, instead of prying eyes who could use a Paradox or Dbase to view those data.

Quote:

>If you use a password-protected Paradox table then the data will be
>automatically encrypted in a manner that is "secure enough" for most purposes,
>and also flexible because different passwords afford different levels of
>protection.  Even Paradox cannot open the table without [one of] the necessary
>passwords.

>Changing the database filename extension to conceal the nature of the data in
>it is strongly not-advised.

Well, Thanks for a prompt reply. yes, I would consider your method, cos it sounds good
to me.. I would indeed try it out.

I have actually no prior knowledge of Paradox, but indeed I would read it up, cos I
believe I would use it for my project.

--
  Edwin Lau

  Let's Communicate Today BBS (Singapore)
  Datel : (065) 469-0032 / (065) 469-0076



Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Delphi and database choices for network installed database

2. Delphi 3: Database Desktop / Database Explorer

3. HELP: sharing database connection (like Delphi and Database Explorer)

4. Database Applications and Borland Database Engine

5. How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

6. Relational Databases possible with Database Desktop?!?

7. Avoiding Login Database Form with Access databases (ODBC) ?

8. How can I make my Paradox Database becomes a Client/Server database for a Windows Network?

9. How can I make my Standalone Paradox Database becomes a Client/Server Database for Windows Network?

10. Creating database (GDB) from programcode based on other database...

11. How can I make my Paradox Database becomes a Client/Server Database for Windows Network?

12. Any tool for graphical view of Relations of a Paradox database? (with database generation)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software