Problems with conecting to Network
Author Message
 Problems with conecting to Network

Quote:

> When i put my Paradox database on the net with the netdir its working
> very slow. Is there any special operation for puting database on the net?

YES.  USe a NETWORK DATABASE like MS SQL or ORACLE.
The problem you have is thet teh INDEXfiles 'fly' over the network
all the time (for checcking at the client side).
This works very slow.

Thu, 10 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems conecting to ORACLE

2. Conecting to Oracle 7 - more details

3. Conecting with BDE

4. MSAccess ODBC Windows2000: The network problem

5. Problems with Delphi in Network

6. Database Problem: "Not Initialized for Network"

7. lcoking/sharing problem BDE/Paradox over network

8. BDE problems in network

9. MSAccess ODBC Windows2000: The network problem

10. Problems with database/table on network

11. Help : network problem

12. Lan Network overload performance problem using ODBC