BDE 'Could not find object'
Author Message
 BDE 'Could not find object'

This question is related to D4 running under Windows NT 4.

I was recently trying to set up ODBC to an Interbase DB on a
remote server.  Whilst doing this I seem to have messed up the
BDE installation.  When I try to run BDE Administrator I get the
message 'Could not find object' error 8712 and all of the aliases
have gone from the Databases tab.  I've tried re-installing
delphi completely but the problem persists.  I guess it's a
registry problem but I don't know where to start.

Also, any tips on setting up ODBC to access Interbase 4 on a
Linux server would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE 'Could not find object'
Before you reinstall BDE, you should remove the item from registry. try
to run regedit on your dos command, click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click
software, then you will find Borland
, database engine, if you delete this item: Database engine, reinstall
will be successful.However you need to reset all aliases names after
installation. --Bangh
Quote:

> This question is related to D4 running under Windows NT 4.

> I was recently trying to set up ODBC to an Interbase DB on a
> remote server.  Whilst doing this I seem to have messed up the
> BDE installation.  When I try to run BDE Administrator I get the
> message 'Could not find object' error 8712 and all of the aliases
> have gone from the Databases tab.  I've tried re-installing
> Delphi completely but the problem persists.  I guess it's a
> registry problem but I don't know where to start.

> Also, any tips on setting up ODBC to access Interbase 4 on a
> Linux server would be very much appreciated.

> Thanks

> Alan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE 'Could not find object'
Check that the OBBC driver for Interbase is loaded - this is the same
message we get when a new user does an update instead of an install (the
ODBC driver is included in the install, not the update)

Barbara

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Field 'PHYSICALTYPE' not found

2. Query:Field 'fieldname' not found

3. IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE

4. BDE Setup Error "Object Not Found"

5. BDE Error: Object Not Found: when opening query

6. BDE error:could not find object

7. 'Could not find PRIMARY KEY...

8. Server's TProvider not found by client dataset

9. HELP: 'Object not found' when selecting table name.

10. The best BDE Alternative I've Found

11. BDE error - can't find language driver

12. 'Circular data links' hard to find