Check, if mdb is password-protected?
Author Message
 Check, if mdb is password-protected?

Hi!

Is there a way, to check if a given access-database is
password protected? My customers must be able to open
any kind of database in my program (password protected
too), but I only want to prompt for username and password
if the mdb really is protected, so I don't confuse the
"normal" user with such security-settings.

The solution of trying to open the mdb without a password
and parsing the raised OLEDB-Exception is not very stable,
cause of different OS-versions (languages, jet-versions
and so on)

Any idea?!?

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:04:49 GMT

1. Am I in protected mode?

2. I am clueless about Protected Mode.

3. Duplicate table structure w/val checks, passwords etc?

4. Looking for information on archive password checking.

5. Mouse driver check in DPMI protected mode BP

6. Q: How to eliminate Access password check?

7. Copy a table from a .MDB to other .MDB

8. Using ADO with Encrypted/Password Protected Access databases

9. using a paradox table protected by a password in reportsmith

10. Problems with dbiDoRestructure on Password protected tables?

11. Newbie: Password-protected Paradox 4 tables

12. Password protect table - Delphi 1