Inserting text into a memo field using SQL.
Author Message
 Inserting text into a memo field using SQL.

Hi. I am using delphi 2.01 C/S and SQL Anywhere 5.5.01.

I'm trying to "insert" text into a memo field using a TUpdateSQL
component.

The command is a simple...

 "insert into KBase
   (UserID, Notes)
  values
   (:UserID, :Notes)"

I then get the error 'Field "Notes" is of an unsupported type.' What
gives?

Trying something a little different, but along the same lines...
In the Params section of a query component & using ExecSQL, it seems I
can only use the following types:
AsBCD, AsBoolean, AsCurrency, AsDate, AsDateTime, AsFloat, AsInteger,
AsSmallint, AsString, AsTime, or AsWord.

I can't seem to use "AsString" -- how then do I assign text to this memo
field ("Notes"), since there is no "AsMemo" type?

Regards

Jono

Mon, 06 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. INSERT MEMO fields using BDE

2. Inserting Data into a Memo / Blob Field Using Paradox

3. Using SQL to insert record wth memo

4. inserting a memo field with sql - HELP

5. How to Insert Memo Fields?

6. Insert Memo field.

7. INSERT INTO, Params and Memo fields.

8. Missing First Two Chars of SQL Memo and Missing SQL Fields

9. Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields

10. SQL INSERT for a memo variable

11. Search for text in Memos using Query?

12. Storing Text in database Memo field