DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE
Author Message
 DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

Hi!
I can't get connections between delphi and Sybase sql anywhere to
work. I am getting general sql error.

What is database name and server name in delphi config file?
Is name of the server name of the database I am running?

When delphi connects to sybase server, sql links are going to load
sybase library. What happens when delphi connects to sybase sql anywhere?
Is it going to load sybase sql anywhere library?

Do I need different sql links to work with sybase sql anywhere or sybase
sql links work with sybase sql anywhere?
How the whole thing is working?

Thank you very much!
If delphi and sql anywhere works for you, please share your experience.
-Boris.

Sun, 05 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

Quote:
>Hi!
>I can't get connections between delphi and Sybase sql anywhere to
>work. I am getting general sql error.

You will have to connect through the 16 bit odbc supplied, I can't tell you
what the settings are in delphi as I use the odbc api but i have found that
the db engine must be started first as it won't auto start. Something to be
aware of, performance is well down on watcom 4 as 16 bit apps use the 16bit
network requester which then uses dde to comunicate with the local server. As
a long time watcom user it is a bit dissapointing as I felt they were going in
the right direction with v4, whilst the new user interface is quite good (same
as personal oracle for 95) it does seem a bit too complicated to get working.
By the way, I am talking about the 32bit w955 version.

Regards

Vincent Parrett

Albury, NSW, Australia                   \\\\//// ||||

Web : http://www.albury.net.au/~vparrett   \\//   ||

Tue, 07 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sybase SQL Anywhere, SQL Links and Delphi 2.0

2. Sybase SQL Anywhere (Watcom SQL) and Delphi

3. D4 / Sybase SQL Anywhere / Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0

4. HELP: Connecting to Sybase SQL anywhere 5.5 with Delphi 1.0

5. delphi 2.01 and sybase sql anywhere problem

6. Delphi and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0.01 - GPF

7. Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0.01 - Delphi crashes

8. Delphi with Sybase SQL Anywhere

9. Delphi 2.0 juni-patch and Sybase SQL Anywhere

10. I want the setup experience of Delphi/Sybase anywhere by SQL-Link

11. Delphi 3 SQL problem with Sybase Anywhere 5.5

12. Sybase SQL Anywhere and Delphi 2.0