sql bases with special chars ???
Author Message
 sql bases with special chars ???

i'm using sql tables here in belgium.  Fields with special chars (like
,,...) crash delphi and database desktop (those fiels are coming
from paradox for windows or Dbase 4 for windows.  When fiedls are
converted to upper, those "special chars" are converted with some
stranges chars and crash delphi too. in windows ISQL when using the
"Select * from clients" statement, all the fields are shown(even those
with ,?,?,?...) what is the trouble with me ?

best regards .

Sat, 27 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 sql bases with special chars ???

Quote:
>i'm using sql tables here in belgium.  Fields with special chars (like
>,,...) crash delphi and database desktop (those fiels are coming
>from paradox for windows or Dbase 4 for windows.  When fiedls are
>converted to upper, those "special chars" are converted with some
>stranges chars and crash delphi too. in windows ISQL when using the
>"Select * from clients" statement, all the fields are shown(even those
>with ,,,...) what is the trouble with me ?

If I understand you correctly you are importing these characters into
Interbase. Interbase has a character set which does not appear to
match the Windows/Dos one and they are converted by something called
transliteration. I presume there are language drivers which do this
conversion which are probably the cause of your problem. I have a
similar problem with the UK pound sign so I would be interested in
anything you find out.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Tue, 07 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Special chars in a filter.

2. Base 10/Base 2 or Base 2/Base 10 conversion

3. ASCIIz and 0-based Char Array

4. Missing First Two Chars of SQL Memo and Missing SQL Fields

5. Delphi-"Special" SQL statement needed

6. Q: Special SQL sentence.

7. SQL: Problem with Umlaut (Special Char) using select * where field = "text"

8. : tsbase13.zip Programmer's tools base: base, basecalc, scancode

9. tsbase13.zip Programmer's tools base: base, basecalc, scancode

10. Readln( file, char, char, string[10], int );

11. base 10 to base 2

12. char - byte or byte - char