Compatibility with ACCESS 2.0 databases
Author Message
 Compatibility with ACCESS 2.0 databases

All my colleagues - all delphi neophytes - claim that they opened and read
data from an Access 2.0 database using the standard installation of Delphi
3.0 Client/Server.

When I installed my Delphi 3.0 Client/Server copy, I couldn't load ANY
Access database. But, thanks to this newsgroup I found out that I needed to
update my BDE driver from 3.0 to 3.5.

It worked.. So-so

Now I can load Access databases alright -- Access 97 databases. But a big
no-no (read: General SQL Error) on Access 2.0 databases.

As you all would understand, this pisses me off..

So what kind of version do I need now? Or isn't it a BDE version matter at
all?

I hope somebody can help me -- or prove my colleagues wrong.
The latter is equally satisfying.. ;))

Thanks a lot!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compatibility with ACCESS 2.0 databases
Use ODBC.  Create an ODBC DSN for your Access 2 database, and then use
the consequent Alias.

Oliver

Quote:

> All my colleagues - all delphi neophytes - claim that they opened and read
> data from an Access 2.0 database using the standard installation of Delphi
> 3.0 Client/Server.

> Now I can load Access databases alright -- Access 97 databases. But a big
> no-no (read: General SQL Error) on Access 2.0 databases.

> As you all would understand, this pisses me off..

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. About connectivity of Access 2.0 database from DDesktop 2.0

2. Accessing Access 2.0 MDBs from Delphi 2.0

3. Japanese compatibility of Access/VB vs. Paradox/Delphi

4. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

5. Problems in using Delphi 1.0 with an access 2.0 database

6. Problems with Date/Timefield when connecting to an Access 2.0 database

7. Problems with connection to an MS-Access 2.0 database

8. Problems with connecting Access 2.0 database

9. How good is D3 with Access 2.0 database??

10. Access 2.0 much faster querying databases than Delphi?

11. Delphi1 via ODB to Access 2.0 databases (login screen problems)

12. How to get connection to ACCESS 2.0 database