Help Batchmove - Invalid Field Descriptor
Author Message
 Help Batchmove - Invalid Field Descriptor

Help Please ?

I am using a Batchmove to attempt to copy the results of a Query to a
DBF file. The query takes place upon a .dbf with a .mdx, both on a
fileserver, and the result is shown on a dbgrid.  At the end of the
search I execute the batchmove in order to create ANSWER.DBF.  ie  the
whole thing emulates Database Desktop.  By using a program, instead of
Database Desktop I can offer my users printing, and output options of
either a DBF or a CSV file, helped along with comboboxes for the
selection of fields, etc, etc.

This all works very well....

However, if the user opts to select a numeric field in the query, the
batchmove fails with "Invalid Field Descriptor: C:\ANSWER.DBF"

Batchmove source set to Query1, the destination set to Table2 (which
is ANSWER.DBF), and the mode as batCopy.

What am I doing wrong??  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Batchmove:Invalid Field Descriptor ?

2. Invalid field descriptor error converting DB to DBF using batchmove component

3. Batchmove error: Invalid field descriptor

4. Addindex -> invalid descriptor Help (Delphi 1)

5. Addindex -> invalid descriptor Help (Delphi 1)

6. Invalid index Descriptor !!?!?!?!?!?

7. D3, FoxPro, DESCEND(), Invalid Index Descriptor

8. Making a new Index: Invalid Index Descriptor (CDX)

9. D3 BDE Invalid Filename Extentions error on BatchMove

10. Batchmove on Lookup fields

11. BatchMove of Calculated Fields???

12. DBMemo fields and Invalid BLOB messages