"Table locked by another user" message
Author Message
 "Table locked by another user" message

I'm developing an application using Paradox tables.  When running the program
from the delphi IDE, if it encounters a problem I often have to reset the
program or sometimes press Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it.  Next time I try to
run it I am informed that a table is locked, because I am already using it.  To
get out of this I have to close Delphi and quite often I have to reboot the
computer. Can you help me please?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Table locked by another user" message
The BDE creates a file called pdoxusrs.net to keep this information
while it is running. It will be in c:\ unless you have set it
somewhere else. It is used even on a standalone app. Delete it if your
program crashes so the BDE won't think the table is still busy when
you restart.
Secondly, this problem is made worse if you have ttable active propery
set to true in the IDE. You should open and close tables and queries
in your code, rather than have them open when they are created (which
is what happenes if you leave them active in the IDE.)

hth,
Dan

Quote:

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. "File is Locked" error message

2. EDBEngineError "Record lock failed message"

3. Error Message: "Higher Table Level Required"

4. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

5. "Closed Dataset" Messages

6. HELP: "Error in Symbol File" message

7. Problem with "Vendor initialisation failed" message

8. Help deciphering "Circular Datalink" error message

9. Interception of message "key invalidation"

10. ""256 Color Mouse""

11. "lock file has grown too large"

12. "Lock file grown too large"