Quirk: DBF IndexDefs.Add vs. AddIndex
Author Message
 Quirk: DBF IndexDefs.Add vs. AddIndex

For whatever reason, I find that AddIndex allows me to create "expression"
indices while the equivalent Add command does not.  I encountered this problem
as a first time user of dBase tables and the BDE.

Thus, I could do...

AddIndex('FIELDTAGNAME','FIELDNAME+FIELDNAME2',[ixExpression]);

for dBase tables but I could not do the equivalent Add().

Just mentioning this for reference.

adding index

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Quirk: BDE 4.51 and no-goody DBF header

2. IndexDefs.Add('Help','Please',[ixD2WorksGreat, ixD3Errors])

3. Quirk: Paradox vs dBase SetKey...GotoKey

4. ixDescending -> CreateTable vs AddIndex

5. add expression index to dbf file

6. Pictures in an dbf file and adding new ones

7. add/delete dbf record in pascal

8. add/delete dbf record in pascal

9. Apollo DBE, Add a field to existing DBF?

10. Adding a Field to DBF Database.

11. Creating xBase (.dbf) files using FieldDefs.Add - Problems with Size

12. Creating xBase (.dbf) files with FieldDefs.Add - Size Problems