PRESS: BORLAND ANNOUNCES NEW DELPHI CLIENT/SERVER SUITE 2.0
Author Message
 PRESS: BORLAND ANNOUNCES NEW DELPHI CLIENT/SERVER SUITE 2.0

            BORLAND ANNOUNCES NEW delphi CLIENT/SERVER SUITE 2.0
                          FEATURES AT COMDEX
        New Pre-Release 32-bit Product Offers Advanced Server Tools

        LAS VEGAS -- November 13, 1995 -- Borland International Inc. will publicly
preview Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0, the new 32-bit version of Delphi
Client/Server for Windows 95 and NT, this week at Comdex Fall 95.  This
version of Delphi is being unveiled nine months after the 16-bit version's
ship date and promises to generate e{*filter*}ment in the developer community as
the highest performance client/server rapid application development tool
available.
        Delphi and Delphi Client/Server have received industry-wide accolades and
rapid marketplace adoption due to the unique combination of the power of
the world's fastest optimizing native-code compiler and the rapid
application development benefits of a visual two-way development
environment, an object-oriented component-based architecture, and scaleable
database technology.
        "Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0 offers even faster performance than the
current version, more object-oriented capabilities and an entire suite of
client and server tools," said Richard Gorman, Borland's vice president of
Products.  "This version of Delphi will provide an easy path from 16- to
32-bit development and usher client/server developers into a new era of
performance and productivity."
        Borland is sharing only a few of the features in Delphi Client/Server Suite
2.0 at this event.  Some of the features include:
  *SQL Explorer: A visual tool allowing team developers to browse and
   modify server-specific meta data -- for Oracle, Sybase, InterBase,
   Informix and Microsoft SQL Server -- including stored procedure
   definitions, triggers and index descriptions.

  *SQL Monitor:  An integrated tool assisting developers in testing,
   debugging and performance tuning for SQL queries.

  *SQL Links: Provides high-performance 32-bit SQL Links native drivers for

   Oracle, Sybase, Informix, InterBase and Microsoft SQL Server, along with

   an unlimited deployment license for these drivers.

  *PVCS Version Control: Borland has partnered with Intersolv and
   integrated Intersolv's Version Manager, the most popular version control

   product on the market today, into the Delphi environment.  This ensures
   all development team members can share and smoothly integrate their work

   within one environment.

        Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0 will also include InterBase 4.0 NT, a more
integrated 32-bit version of ReportSmith SQL, and an expanded Open Tools
API for integrating third party CASE tools such as LBMS, Popkin System
Architect and CSA SilverRun.    Delphi has a growing presence in corporate
accounts such as American Cyanamid, Standard & Poors, BMW, Ernst & Young,
American Stores, Coopers & Lybrand, J.C. Penny, U.S. Marine Corp and more.
        "The new features I've viewed will save us many hours of time.  With the
SQL Explorer, I'm now able to see what's happening with modifications of
the stored procedures in our sizable Oracle database from within the Delphi
environment," said Nicholas Richards, senior systems consultant at Platt's
Unit of Standard & Poor's.  "The optimizing native-code compiler and new
32-bit SQL Links offer extraordinary increased performance so we can
efficiently process tens of thousands of rows of information at a time from
our 5 million row Oracle database."
        Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0 is scheduled to be available in the first
calendar quarter of 1996 and will be sent as part of the maintenance
license agreement for Delphi Client/Server Team Solutions users.
Pre-release versions are available through Borland Connections at (800)
353-2211.

Borland: Making Development Easier
        Borland International Inc. (NASDAQ:BORL) is a leading provider of products
and services targeted to software developers.  Borland is distinguished for
its high-quality software development tools, which include Delphi, Delphi
Client/Server, Borland C++, Visual dBASE, Paradox and InterBase.  Borlands
award-winning products are supported through comprehensive programs for
small- and large-sized software developers, corporate developers, value
added resellers and systems integrators. Founded in 1983, Borland is
headquartered in Scotts Valley, California.

NOTE TO EDITORS:  Copies of previous Borland press releases and additional
corporate and product information are available on Borlands  Internet
World Wide Web (WWW) site, at http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

Steve Koterski
Product Group Manager
Delphi Technical Support
Borland International, Inc.

Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PRESS: BORLAND ANNOUNCES NEW DELPHI CLIENT/SERVER SUITE 2.0

Quote:
>            BORLAND ANNOUNCES NEW DELPHI CLIENT/SERVER SUITE 2.0
>                          FEATURES AT COMDEX

[clip]

Quote:
>  *PVCS Version Control: Borland has partnered with Intersolv and
>   integrated Intersolv's Version Manager, the most popular version control
>   product on the market today, into the Delphi environment.  This ensures
>   all development team members can share and smoothly integrate their work
>   within one environment.

I'm intepreting this as meaning 'integrated', not included - i.e. no change
from the Delphi C/S today. Right?

Quote:
>    Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0 will also include InterBase 4.0 NT,

Very interresting! I assume this is a one-site licence of InterBase 4.0
for NT. This replaces LIBS? Good move! Now we only have to persuade our
customers to buy InterBase as well...

Quote:
>    Delphi Client/Server Suite 2.0 is scheduled to be available in the first
>calendar quarter of 1996 and will be sent as part of the maintenance
>license agreement for Delphi Client/Server Team Solutions users.

What are Delphi Client/Server Team Solution users? Is this available
in Europe?

--
 Hallvard Vassbotn  | Falcon AS (a Reuters company)  | Without programmers,

Mon, 04 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. PRESS: BORLAND’S DELPHI CLIENT/SERVER WINS PC MAGAZINE TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE AWARD

2. Press: Borland Announces JAVA Enabled InterBase SQL Database Server

3. Access 7.0 and Delphi 2.0 Client/Server

4. xBase Client/Server for Delphi 2.0??

5. FREE Delphi 2.0 Client-server Seminars

6. Delphi Client/Server 2.0

7. MUST SELL!! Borland Delphi 1 CLient Server Edition

8. DELPHI 16 to SYBASE on an NT Server with client and server on same machine

9. News release: New Internet training service for client/server