Installing 16bit under Windows 95
Author Message
 Installing 16bit under Windows 95

Hi!
We are developing a 16-bit delphi app that will be installed
with another 16bit app and the BDE under Windows 95.

Now, the InstallShield version coming with Delphi 2.0.
dont seem to be able to modify the ini-files and install the 16-bit
DBE.

So --- what should we do?

Should we get the Professional version of InstallShield ?
Can 16-bit apps read from the registry?
What about the BDE?

 _

 _
| | |  _     _         http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~olavb/

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing 16bit under Windows 95

Hi!
We are developing a 16-bit Delphi app that will be installed
with another 16bit app and the BDE under Windows 95.

Now, the InstallShield version coming with Delphi 2.0.
dont seem to be able to modify the ini-files and install the 16-bit
DBE.

So --- what should we do?

Should we get the Professional version of InstallShield ?
Can 16-bit apps read from the registry?
What about the BDE?

 _
| | |  _     _        http://www.stud.unit.no/~olavb/

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing 16bit under Windows 95

following was written:

Quote:
> We are developing a 16-bit Delphi app that will be installed
> with another 16bit app and the BDE under Windows 95.

> Now, the InstallShield version coming with Delphi 2.0.
> dont seem to be able to modify the ini-files and install the 16-bit
> DBE.

> So --- what should we do?

> Should we get the Professional version of InstallShield ?
> Can 16-bit apps read from the registry?
> What about the BDE?

Yes you will need the Professional version of InstallShield.

God Bless,

--

08/27/96 21:49
---------

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing 16bit under Windows 95

Quote:

>> Now, the InstallShield version coming with Delphi 2.0.
>> dont seem to be able to modify the ini-files and install the 16-bit
>> DBE.

>> So --- what should we do?

>> Should we get the Professional version of InstallShield ?
>> Can 16-bit apps read from the registry?
>> What about the BDE?
>Yes you will need the Professional version of InstallShield.

Okay...   the contenders are:
   *  Pc Install
   *  Wise Installation System
   *  Eschalon Setup
   *  InstallShield Pro

Shall we have a shoot-out as to which one is best and why?

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing 16bit under Windows 95

Quote:
> Okay...   the contenders are:
> *  Pc Install
> *  Wise Installation System
> *  Eschalon Setup
> *  InstallShield Pro

> Shall we have a shoot-out as to which one is best and why?

Forgot one.  I use Visual Release from HPI.

God Bless,

--

08/28/96 21:59
---------

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmically installing TCP/IP under windows 95/98

2. Installing BDE on WIndows 95

3. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

4. Windows 3.1 software developed on windows 95

5. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

6. Borland Pascal 7.0 - Debugger for Windows and Windows '95

7. Install BDE 16Bit with Installshield ?

8. Interbase 1.0 error inserting more than 1650 tubles in tables using Windows 95

9. 32 bit ODBC and Windows 95

10. Database ERROR on new windows 95

11. Delphi, Banyan, Windows 95, and MS SQL Server 6.0

12. DeleteFile(*.*) for windows 95