Absolute Basics on Delphi and ADO
Author Message
 Absolute Basics on Delphi and ADO

Thanks very much, your explanation for point 2) was really appreciated -
 I was really sketchy in my mind there.

Regards

AKauchali

Quote:
> 1) If you don't want to use ADOExpress you can just use the objects
from the
> imported type library. Use the CoClass to create an interface and use
the
> interface just like in VC++.

> 2) The ADOExpress components are just placeholders. The real ADO
connection
> is made after the Active property is set to True. If you already set
Active
> to True at designtime the connection will be made on creation of the
form
> and disconnection on destroy of the form.

> > Thank you for the reply.

> > MH,
> > 1.  Is there no other way besides ADOExpress?
> > In other words, can't I use ADO type libray the same way I use it in
> > VC++?  (Obviously no #imports here but where I "createinstance", "do
> > things", then delete etc)?

> > 2.  When does delphi instantiate the ADO objects?  Is it with the
> > creation and deletion of the form?  What if I only wanted to
> > instantiate the ado objects on the basis of events (e.g. onclick()
for
> > the button).

> > Thanks for your answers.

> > Regards

> > AKauchali

> > > 1. If you want to use ADO 2.6 you should download the ADOExpress
> > update pack
> > > 2 (from http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).
> > > 2. Preconfigure a TADOConnection and a TADODataSet for the data
you
> > want to
> > > retreive.
> > > 3. Add a TDataSource and set the DataSet property to the
TADODataSet.
> > > 4. Add a TDBGrid and set the DataSource property to the
TDataSource.
> > > 5. In the OnClick set the Active property of the TADODataSet to
True.

> > bit
> > you
> > with
> > anyway?
> > disk?).

> > D5)
> > step
>Create "Classes"
> > for
Class.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:52:54 GMT

1. Absolute Basics on Delphi and ADO

2. BASIC, VISUAL BASIC, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

3. Paradox Datenbanken aus Delphi 4 unter Delphi 5 mit ADO anbinden

4. Record locking with ADO Express, ADO 2.5 and Access 2000 .mdb files

5. V.Basic x Access - Delphi x ODBC - Transactions

6. Converting Visual Basic projects to Delphi.

7. Delphi vs visual basic

8. Delphi vs Visual Basic

9. Delphi/VB/PB vs. Business Basic

10. LONDON - Delphi/Visual Basic Developer - Equity Risk Management System - Learn Java/Corba

11. LONDON - Delphi/Visual Basic Developer - Euro Equities Project - Learn Corba/Java

12. *************->VISUAL BASIC TO DELPHI<-*************