Del;phi's defaulted Database stuff
Author Message
 Del;phi's defaulted Database stuff

I remember reading somewhere that I can't use the Database program
that came with delphi if I intend to sell my aplication.  (Best way I
can describe what I mean)

   The info that I need is...   Where is this text?  And what are the
rules?

BTW: I have Delphi 3 pro.

Please Email me any info you can
Thanks in advance,
--
MikeBa           |MikeBa on TEN
Mike Barlow      |CNSRL

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Del;phi's defaulted Database stuff

Quote:

> I remember reading somewhere that I can't use the Database program
> that came with Delphi if I intend to sell my aplication.  (Best way I
> can describe what I mean)

No.  The document says that you *must* use Borland's BDE install
programif you use the BDE.

"Note that since we allow deployment of Borland Database Engine files and

subsets using a Borland Certified Install Program, we don't otherwise
allow deployment of the individual BDE files."

from DEPLOY.TXT in the root of the Delphi 2.0 installation

and

    "In accordance with the Additional License Terms for Borland
    Database Engine, you may distribute the Borland Database Engine
    files with your application using a Borland-certified
    Redistributable Install program such as InstallShield Express or
    another compliant install program. You may redistribute only those
    BDE files selected by the Borland-certified install program.

[snip]

    Deployment of Borland Database Engine files and subsets must be
    done with a Borland Certified Install Program. We do not otherwise
    allow deployment of the individual BDE files."

from DEPLOY.TXT in the root of the Delphi 3.0 installation

Quote:
>    The info that I need is...   Where is this text?  And what are the
> rules?

> BTW: I have Delphi 3 pro.

> Please Email me any info you can
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> MikeBa           |MikeBa on TEN
> Mike Barlow      |CNSRL

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Del;phi's defaulted Database stuff

  You wont' find it, because you never saw it...  You are free and clear to
use the BDE as you see fit (including distribution).  You CANNOT, however,
distribute the Database Desktop, etc....  (What good would Delphi be, if you
couldn't use the BDE?)

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

--
"We are Microsoft.  Resistance is Futile.  You will be Assimiliated."

Quote:

>I remember reading somewhere that I can't use the Database program
>that came with Delphi if I intend to sell my aplication.  (Best way I
>can describe what I mean)

>   The info that I need is...   Where is this text?  And what are the
>rules?

>BTW: I have Delphi 3 pro.

>Please Email me any info you can
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>MikeBa           |MikeBa on TEN
>Mike Barlow      |CNSRL

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Del;phi's defaulted Database stuff

2. Welcome! http://www.softinfo.gss.ru/delphi

3. Newbie needs mouse registers 'n stuff

4. Delphi doesn't read ODBC Field Defaults.

5. Using pictures in PCX format instead of default (BMP,WMF) in databases

6. Default IB database

7. Database Defaults

8. dynamically created session and database : cannot avoid login prompt - fine with default session

9. how to set the defaults in a paradox database

10. Specifying Default Database

11. Help doing database stuff with Delphi

12. Problems with Database-Stuff in DLL