Adding password to paradox table created by program
Author Message
 Adding password to paradox table created by program

I create most of my tables in paradox from within delphi.  How do I add a
password to a table from within the code? I use delphi 2 and can find
nothing in the help stuff.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Adding password to paradox table created by program
On 24 Sep 1999 15:21:27 -0500, "Newman Gentry"

Quote:

>I create most of my tables in paradox from within delphi.  How do I add a
>password to a table from within the code? I use delphi 2 and can find
>nothing in the help stuff.

Neither the Delphi dataset components nor local SQL provide this
capability. This explains why you did not see it described. The online help
(generally) only documents the features that *are* there.

To do what you describe you would need to use BDE API functions. The BDE
API is documented in theonline help BDE32.HLP, found in the main BDE
directory. Look at the DbiDoRestructure function for modifying already
existing Paradox tables.

                                                              -- Redd Foxx

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Adding password to paradox table created by program
Steve
amazing what knowing where to look can do for me.  There is great example
in BDE help .  thanks Newman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Adding Paradox table passwords - Delphi 1.0

2. DbiDoRestructure- Adding passwords to paradox tables

3. Adding password to new Paradox table???

4. adding passwords to paradox tables

5. Creating Paradox Tables with Passwords

6. How to create password protected paradox tables

7. Adding record in detail table or create a new master table for it

8. D4: adding multiple Paradox passwords

9. Paradox Security - Adding Passwords

10. Adding a Password to a table at run-time

11. Adding and Removing Password on a Table

12. HELP -- How to add password security to PDox tables at runtime