Delphi 32 -> Interbase 4.0/Novell
Author Message
 Delphi 32 -> Interbase 4.0/Novell

Hi!
I'm trying to connect to an Interbase 4.0 NLM running on
Novell 3.12 using delphi 32.  Having no luck using
SPX, NETBEU or TCP/IP.  Has anyone accomplished this?

Any ides?  (SKYNET is my network)
Nick Hustak
President, Atlanta Delphi Developers Group

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 32 -> Interbase 4.0/Novell

Quote:

> Hi!
> I'm trying to connect to an Interbase 4.0 NLM running on
> Novell 3.12 using Delphi 32.  Having no luck using
> SPX, NETBEU or TCP/IP.  Has anyone accomplished this?

> Any ides?  (SKYNET is my network)
> Nick Hustak
> President, Atlanta Delphi Developers Group

Nick:

Your choices are TCP/ip or TCP/ip. IPX/SPX is not supported by Delphi 2.0  at this point in time.

To get TCP/IP to work you must put the ip address of both the workstation and the server in the host file of the server and
the workstation. You must also put gsd_db   3050/tcp in the services file of the server and the workstation.

hope this helps

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and Oracle

InterBase page  http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page     http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page       http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users Group

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interbase 4.0 (Delphi 1.02 -> Delphi 3.0)

2. ODBC-32 Driver for Interbase 4.0?

3. 32-bit ODBC driver for Interbase 4.0

4. ASM : 16-bit >> 32-bit

5. 32 bit Pascal with Novell

6. Delphi>>>>>>>

7. Interbase 32-bit ODBC drivers / Crystal Reports 6.0 / Delphi 2

8. Is NT 4.0 compatible with Interbase 4.0?

9. MSIE 4.0 -> Delphi

10. Delphi DDEClientConv -> Winfax 4.0 help

11. Delphi 32 - How much 32 bit?

12. Novell Interbase compatible with NT Interbase ?