d2:searching for special dbcombo
Author Message
 d2:searching for special dbcombo

hi,
i'm seaching for an special dbcombo- or dblookupbox with intiutive keyboard
searching in the editfield. i saw this method in a ms-access-2-application
and now i got the information that there is a db-component-pack called raize
with a  component TRzDBComboBox which will do exactly what i want.  this
pack is free if you register delphi 3. but what's with "poor" delphi 2 users
?

here is a part of the component docu and i think it will  be describe what
kind of component i need.

"TRzComboBox provides all of the features of a regular TComboBox plus
adds intuitive keyboard searching.  That is, as the user types a
series of characters the selection bar is moved to the item in the
list that most closely matches the characters entered."

hope there's somebody who can help me.

many thanks, tom

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 d2:searching for special dbcombo

Quote:

> hi,
> i'm seaching for an special dbcombo- or dblookupbox with intiutive keyboard
> searching in the editfield. i saw this method in a ms-access-2-application
> and now i got the information that there is a db-component-pack called raize
> with a  component TRzDBComboBox which will do exactly what i want.  this
> pack is free if you register delphi 3. but what's with "poor" delphi 2 users

Check out WWW... there are some freebie raize ones around. But I found that none
of the raize ones were good enough for me. My fave is this one: it is awesome,
and prob goes quite beyond your current needs...

DBLookup ComboPlus http://www.o2a.com/cbplus.htm

Major Enhancements
* The ability to sort the drop down list.
* The ability to search through the dropdown list via an incremental keyboard
search. (Quicken Style).
* Autofill - The text is automatically filled in as the user types characters.
(Quicken Style).
* Support for the Master/Detail relationship in the lookup table. (except for
DBase tables)
* The ability to enter new records into the lookup table on the fly.
(OnNewLookUpRec)
* The control can stay in a Read/Write style even when the Data source and
Lookup Source are different. (this goes with the previous point)
* A new event to support the filling the lookup list with the results from a
TQuery. (onPrepareList).
* Ad new event that allows the lookup to return multiple data elements instead
of just the one specified by the LookupField property. (OnGridSelect)
* The drop down list can be either left or right justified.
* The drop down list can be changed to a rise up list.
* The BoarderStyle property is available.
* The ability to hide or show the drop down speed button.
* New event to simplify the populating of multiple main table fields from the
lookup table.
* Support for incremental search of numeric fields.
* Seperate properties for font and color in the drop down list.
*  Seperate properties for the cursor over the edit, list and speedbutton
portion of the control.

Other minor enhancements over the original control include;
- Corrects the two memory leaks found in TDBLookUpCombo.
- Automatic placement of dropdown list to fit the screen has been enhanced.
- If the old TDBLookUpCombo was placed on a form with fsStayOnTop set then the
list  would drop down behind the form and could not be seen. This problem has
been  corrected in TDBLookupComboPlus.
- The minimum height of the edit box  portion of  the control has been corrected
to be more inline with the behavior of TEdit, TDBEdit, TCombo, etc.
- <New> In the old TDBLookUpCombo multiple rows were highlighted if there were
duplicates. This has been fixed so only the first row is highlighted.

Like with the original DBLookupCombo, the user can still display text but store
a different  ID number behind the scenes.  Now all the other behaviors your
users have come to expect from a truely intellegent combo box are here too.
Since DBLookupCombo uses a table and not a query, the creation of the dropdown
list is fast and the number of Items in the list is unlimited.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 d2:searching for special dbcombo

Check out Infopower from Woll2Woll Software.  I have been using their
components for a long time and find them to be excellent.

Hope this helps.

Stu Rich

Quote:

>hi,
>i'm seaching for an special dbcombo- or dblookupbox with intiutive keyboard
>searching in the editfield. i saw this method in a ms-access-2-application
>and now i got the information that there is a db-component-pack called
raize
>with a  component TRzDBComboBox which will do exactly what i want.  this
>pack is free if you register delphi 3. but what's with "poor" delphi 2

users

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 d2:searching for special dbcombo

Check out Infopower from Woll2Woll Software.  I have been using their
components for a long time and find them to be excellent.

Hope this helps.

Stu Rich

Quote:

>hi,
>i'm seaching for an special dbcombo- or dblookupbox with intiutive keyboard
>searching in the editfield. i saw this method in a ms-access-2-application
>and now i got the information that there is a db-component-pack called
raize
>with a  component TRzDBComboBox which will do exactly what i want.  this
>pack is free if you register delphi 3. but what's with "poor" delphi 2

users

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. DBCombo Initially Blank

2. PickList for DBCombo?

3. DBCombo informations

4. DBEdit to DBCombo

5. DBCombo or DbList with Index into Field

6. DBCombo & DBList boxes

7. DBCombo Box Update

8. DBLookUpCombos vs DBCombos or Combos

9. DBCombo Problem?

10. Dbcombo

11. SQL sent from D2.01 to Oracle via SQL*Net D2.01

12. Pascal-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel