Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences
Author Message
 Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

I'm developing an application which uses Paradox tables created as
Paradox 4 tables.  I haven't converted them to Paradox 7 - is there
any benefit to doing this?  Are they faster, more features?

Thanks, Mark.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

i believe that your only added benefits are the addition of
different field types... i also believe that the BDE handles them the
same (4 or 7),
so i don't think there will be a speed increase.
Someone please let me know otherwise...
thanks..
-johnr

Quote:

--
SPAM PROTECTED: REMOVE THE XX

http://www.alpha1.net/~romero

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

 There are some new field types in 7 that were not available in 4.  As far
as the tables themselves, I do not think there is any real speed improvement
or other enhancements that would make you want to upgrade the tables to
level 7. There are a great many improvements in the Paradox 7 program, but
no so much in the way of table enhancements.

--
Greg R. Johnson
CompuCom

http://cgi.icongrp.com/~gjohnson/

Quote:

>I'm developing an application which uses Paradox tables created as
>Paradox 4 tables.  I haven't converted them to Paradox 7 - is there
>any benefit to doing this?  Are they faster, more features?

>Thanks, Mark.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

Quote:
>i believe that your only added benefits are the addition of
>different field types... i also believe that the BDE handles them the
>same (4 or 7),

Minor difference, but Paradox 7 allows Descending indexes.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, {*filter*} FX Communications.

Remove the -NOSPAM from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti{*filter*}ts ***

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Paradox Engine vs BDE differences

2. PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

3. Paradox 5 vs. Paradox 7 in D3

4. Paradox vs. dBase tables

5. Excel vs. Dbase/Paradox tables

6. paradox vs. DBase tables

7. Paradox vs Dbase tables

8. Paradox vs DBase Tables, which is better?

9. Paradox table size VS performance.

10. dBase vs Paradox vs Interbase

11. Performance Paradox vs Access vs Other

12. What's the difference between paradox 5 tables and paradox 7 tables?