BDE: Urgent help needed
Author Message
 BDE: Urgent help needed

I am having a problem with the newest version of the BDE connecting to
Oracle.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I set up the database alias and everytime I try to connect I get two errors:

1.  "unknown network error."  Can anyone give an explanation on this error
and what would cause it?  I can't find any description of it in the online
help.  The error number is 11271.

2.  "tns:could not resolve service name."  This is an Oracle error and may
be caused by the other error (or may be causing the other error).  The
service name is in the tnsnames.ora file and Oracle sqlplus has no problem
connecting with it.  The Oracle version is 7.3.

Even pointers on where to look for solutions to this problem would be
appreciated.

Tom Masterson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE: Urgent help needed

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE: Urgent help needed
Hi Tom,

I hope you already made a BDE Alias - pointing to the right TNS name?

Also, the TNS alias uses the right protocol?

Martijn Tonies

--

For Delphi Components and InterBase tools:
http://www.upscene.com

Quote:
> I am having a problem with the newest version of the BDE connecting to
> Oracle.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> I set up the database alias and everytime I try to connect I get two
errors:

> 1.  "unknown network error."  Can anyone give an explanation on this error
> and what would cause it?  I can't find any description of it in the online
> help.  The error number is 11271.

> 2.  "tns:could not resolve service name."  This is an Oracle error and may
> be caused by the other error (or may be causing the other error).  The
> service name is in the tnsnames.ora file and Oracle sqlplus has no problem
> connecting with it.  The Oracle version is 7.3.

> Even pointers on where to look for solutions to this problem would be
> appreciated.

> Tom Masterson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE: Urgent help needed
We've had this problem as well. It may be associated with installing oracle
8i drivers. We discovered that a work around is to re-direct an existing
oracle alias. the ones I redirect are example1 example2 etc.

Greg Lorriman
Handy, free utils at http://www.lorriman.demon.co.uk

For tiny setups see http://inner-smile.com/dl_inf.htm
and if you go for it then mention me.

Quote:
> I am having a problem with the newest version of the BDE connecting to
> Oracle.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> I set up the database alias and everytime I try to connect I get two
errors:

> 1.  "unknown network error."  Can anyone give an explanation on this error
> and what would cause it?  I can't find any description of it in the online
> help.  The error number is 11271.

> 2.  "tns:could not resolve service name."  This is an Oracle error and may
> be caused by the other error (or may be causing the other error).  The
> service name is in the tnsnames.ora file and Oracle sqlplus has no problem
> connecting with it.  The Oracle version is 7.3.

> Even pointers on where to look for solutions to this problem would be
> appreciated.

> Tom Masterson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Please help urgent: Installing BDE manually

2. BDE creating large tables, URGENT!!,please help

3. URGENT ! Help on BDE

4. Urgent Help Needed on Reporting

5. Urgent need help with Interbase conversion!

6. need urgent help question

7. BUG ? Need Help Urgent

8. BUG ? Need Help URGENT

9. HELP URGENT NEED by eve of 7/29/01

10. Urgent Help Needed : Delphi / Crystal Reports

11. Need urgent help!

12. need urgent help question