Need solution for memory leak problem with dynamic SQL
Author Message
 Need solution for memory leak problem with dynamic SQL

If I make a dynamic parameter SQL statement, I have to
reopen the query after closing when the parameters change.
Sometimes between open and close, I lose
32768 bytes of memory. After several times of open and
close, I get the message "Not Enough Memory" or "GPF
in IDAPI01.DLL".  This problem is surely caused from
the BDE!!!!! Does anyone have a solution for this leak?

Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need solution for memory leak problem with dynamic SQL

Quote:
>If I make a dynamic parameter SQL statement, I have to
>reopen the query after closing when the parameters change.
>Sometimes between open and close, I lose
>32768 bytes of memory. After several times of open and
>close, I get the message "Not Enough Memory" or "GPF
>in IDAPI01.DLL".  This problem is surely caused from
>the BDE!!!!! Does anyone have a solution for this leak?

This sounds like a known problem with Delphi 1.0, something fixed in later
releases. Are you using this earliest version of an update (such as 1.02)?

Steve Koterski                  "Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of
Product Group Manager           results. I know several thousand things
Delphi Technical Support        that won't work."
Borland International, Inc.                    -- Thomas Edison, 1847-1931

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

2. Memory leak problem in BDE?

3. BDE memory leak problem

4. Solution to ODBC connection to Tandem NS/SQL problem

5. Solution to MS SQL Server ODBC access problem with Delphi

6. Dynamic SQL Query problem

7. Memory leaks with TQuery.ExecSQL

8. Memory Leak with NT Service + BDE + M$ ACCESS 97 + Socket

9. memory leak in D2.01 + BDE 3.11

10. IDAPI Memory leak

11. Solve prepare memory leak in Oracle

12. QR memory leak