HELP : Error launching Reportsmith
Author Message
 HELP : Error launching Reportsmith

Hi there ,

I have a button on a form which launches three Reportsmith reports one
after another. When the first one has printed , I get a message box
with the message 'Component requires a later version of Reportsmith'
I am using version 2.5.1 , the version on my delphi CD. I think it may
be that i need to pause the second report until the first one has
finished ..? Any ideas....has anybody else encountered this problem ?

--
Peter Robinson

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP : Error launching Reportsmith
Quote:

>  Hi there ,

>  I have a button on a form which launches three Reportsmith reports one
>  after another. When the first one has printed , I get a message box
>  with the message 'Component requires a later version of Reportsmith'
>  I am using version 2.5.1 , the version on my Delphi CD. I think it may
>  be that i need to pause the second report until the first one has
>  finished ..? Any ideas....has anybody else encountered this problem ?

>  --
>  Peter Robinson

I've never encountered that error, but I can tell you two things.  1, there is a ReportSmith patch (I'm not really sure what it fixes
though).  2, you are correct about needing to pause.  There is no command that I could find in Delphi which is comparable to a
Paradox sleep(). My solution was to use the Windows API function WAITMESSAGE.  This waits for ReportSmith to finish its task.
I'm not really sure if this is the best API command, but it seemed to solve the problem.

Jon

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Launching ReportSmith run-time from Delphi application

2. DBD error when launching

3. HELP: Launching a Windows Application from Delphi v2.0

4. I need HELP launching applications

5. HELP, Launching program

6. ReportSmith RunTime-Error

7. REPORTSMITH problem: Error=-5 !

8. ReportSmith connecting to Oracle: ERROR

9. REPORTSMITH : reportsmith variables

10. launch question

11. Launching

12. System Calls (Launching an App)